Register now to get rid of these ads!

2b yak yak

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by bob hindman, Mar 20, 2009.

1. bob hindman

bob hindman

Whats going on////?????/////??????

Hiney....

2. nexxussian

nexxussian

In HAGR specifically?

I'd like to know that myself.:D

On other fronts I'm helping Pop's hammer on his B-Ville Special. And trying to get my daily reliable again (durn thing :rolleyes:, doesn't it know I've got a racer to work on:p Oh, maybe it does :eek:).

3. you askin' 2B what's goin' on, or everybody?

4. Rand Man

Rand Man

Just O'l Bob's way of starting conversation. I imagine that 2b banjo is still snow-in. Sping's popin out arout here. Got a good start on a nice set of trailer ramps yesterday. I have an engine at the machine shop right now. Trying to get my old rail ready for the SDRA opener and the HAMB Drags.

5. Ron Golden

Ron Golden

6. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

Hi Bob H.
    I'm actually in Clearwater, FL. now, Went up to the Billetproof car show at Don Garlits museum today. Saw Robert jones who had his Ha/Gr rail there, he was a little surprised to see me there. Heading back to WI on the 31st, at that point will be pulling the gas rail out of cold storage & do some changes. Is Tulsa Dragway open now? My home strip will not open until last wkend of April. I am glad that you have a SDRA race the night before the Hamb Drags, we can catch both.

7. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

What a surprise to see 2b banjo down here in Florida.
    According to his wife, there was no one left in Wisconsin, they were all down here in Florida. I do not guess i can blame them, high in the 70's, low in the high 50's.
    I do not have to leave in the winter and it still surprises me that most of the people up north come down here in the winter. Maybe that is why I live here.
    2b, it was a pleasure chatting with you and your wife and I guess we will see you in August if not before.
    Robert

8. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

2b banjo, we just missed each other. I took my family to the Don Garlits museum on Friday. This was the second time I have been. It had changed a bit. I had to show my kids. They all love drag racing but do not know enought about the history. I also had to stop at the USS Alabama. It was my first vist and it was really cool to see a true Battle Ship.

9. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

Hemibaker, the museum is a class act, is a must for us old drag race vets. You go through there & see all the old drag machines that you read about in study hall. Where do you go to see the USS Alabama?

10. bobw

bobw

Rej, A friend just emailed pics of your HA/GR at Billetproof. They are now in my Pictures File. Nice rig you have built.

11. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

2b It is located in Mobile, AL. in the port. It was a really nice display.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  12. nexxussian

nexxussian

FLA???

You lucky dog.:D

Bet the weather there beats the daylights out of the weather here.:rolleyes:

13. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

That would be quite a drive for you!!! How far is that for you?

14. Joe Hamby

Joe Hamby

Hi 2b, can you tell us about the other cars under construction near you?

15. Hemibaker

Hemibaker

It was 2742 miles round trip. We left Oklahoma friday at 6 pm drove to the east side of Little Rock, then drove to Amercius GA,then to Orlando Fl, by 2 pm and we stopped to wash the coach. Then on the way back we left fiday at noon we drove from Orlando FL, to Ocola to Big Daddy's place then to Pensacola FL Saturday morning we went to see the USS Alabama, then drove to Denton TX to North Texas Dragway, were they had the Texas thaw. Got thier about 8:30 pm watched the Texas Prostock and Top dragster show thay had. Left 9 am sunday an was home by noon. It was quite the drive, it was about 22 to 23 hours driving each way.

16. 2b-banjo

2b-banjo

No, I haven't seen or heard from any of them since the snow started flying.

17. butch nassau

butch nassau

Hello Bob,

I've started a SDRA Hamb.

I hoped to reserve a car name and number through the SDRA website. It has a list of a bunch of car names and numbers.

But, I have been unable to get through the website to reach Shawn.

Can you reach him and ask him to email me?

Thanks

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

lets see... cant speak for Louver Dude, Moon or Whitey, but as for myself...

mine got taken down off the chassis jig i had setup here at the shop when Gerg's rockstar got hauled up here to have the front stub and floors done last fall... got put up against the wall of the barn, and thats where she's sittin since. i had wanted to get it rollin for this season, but i got sidetracked on the 54 project, and then there is the willys without a mill sittin there lookin forelorn...

i might just shove all the other crap back out the door and get busy on the tree hugger again

motley crew here at Cowboy Bob's shop last year, posing with i THINK Whiteys chassis... from left to right:
    2B, Fiddy, Moon, Whitey, Cowboy Bob and Louver Dude.

[​IMG]

19. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

bob, thanks for the compliments on my car. It is not as pretty as some have built and crude in some areas.
    I had a blast while building it and am still having fun with it today, three years later. I think this is what it is all about.
    I'm looking forward to this Saturday so David and I can continue work on his. Hopefully in another month or two we will be ready to fire his off. Got to get the front end on this weekend and hopefully get the motor and tranny in. That will be a big step and the rest should fall in place.
    We are going to build his NHRA ready as he is planning on moving out to California this August. He will have plenty of cars to run against out there.
    Yours is coming along quite quickly and I am hoping to see you and several others at the HAMB drags this year???

20. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    Here's Rej's car at Billetproof in Florida last weekend.
    I plan to take the summer off on the HA/GR build. Too many other things to do during our short summer. I'll bring my Crosley to the HAMB drags. Three friend are planning on bringing their cars too.