Register now to get rid of these ads!

29Jay Model A Sedan Progress Report

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29Jay, May 17, 2009.

1. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Wow that looks awesome!! Hey some of the pictures on that white cabinet look familiar :)

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Super build, thanks for posting. I looked and couldn't find anything to bitch about so I'll pick on your word usage. It's BRAKES not BREAKS. Your forgiven, no harm no foul:cool::), cool car. Thanks for letting us ride along.

Frank

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

HAHAHA! I know, I know... just ribbin' ya' a bit! :rolleyes::D

4. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Yes sir! And Thank you very much for them!!!

5. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Well sad to say, but I'm not even goin to try to make Pistons & Paint. I spent the last 4 weekedns dealing with a wiering issue. We traced it down yesterday. It was in the diagram... Lines touching like a 'T' means a splice... well... we cut out the splice and it all worked... eerrgha!

Last night, Halloween, we rolled her out decorated for the night. Rolled her back in after all the candy was passed out. In the morning, I was greated by a large amount of trans fluid on the floor. All we did was put it in N and back in P. Needless to say... I have issues... I'm giving up on show dates for the rest of the year. It is just too much. I lost the fun.

6. pecker head

pecker head

No P&P What Tha ? Trans fluid ? Run a std !

7. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Peck, the trouble is finding one... I'll still be at the show... just no red Christine...:(

8. keep the photo's comming looks like it will be a cool build.

9. 2ratty4u

2ratty4u
    from dallas, tx

You're kiddin' me?!?!?!?!?!?! What happened to the guarantee!!!!!! Damnit I wanna see this car goin! Hopefully things start goin your way man, good luck.

10. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

that is one sick ride, glad to see you making progress

11. Big Tony

Big Tony

Stay positive buddy... Hell shoot for the Thaw and I will save a special parking spot for the previaling...now get back to work

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey man! That blows! It really does, and I've BEEN in your shoes WAYYYY too many times!

Dude! What did I tell you when you first started jamming about dates vs. enjoying the build?? ;):D

Take a break, have some fun with the family, then you will know when it's time to start working again.

13. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Yep... Burnout for sure. But only because I was sooo close sooo many times. I think had that stupid wireing issue not eaten into the last 4 weekends, it would not have been such a big deal. I have heard that by going to a good show like P&P re-light the fire.

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Damn NICE is all that needs to be said!:)

Nick.

15. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Four weekends on a wiring issue,but YOU FIXED IT!That's progress in my book.Hope you get back on track soon.
    Mark

16. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Well, you are more than welcom anytime. The fridge has Shinner in it too. I still need to finish the wireing. figure out the trany fluid issue (any ideas?) i hate to pull it out... Because if I do I will only add to my change order list... :eek: But that is just because if it is off... Might as well....

Thanks for the words guys! Really. i did mind letting y'all know I was bumbed and out-a steam. I'm no quitter, never have been. I guess we've all had an ass whoopen before... this was one of mine... not to be the last I'm sure.

17. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Dumb question,Jay,but were the trans cooler lines connected when you rolled it out?
    Apart from that,I'd guess at the input shaft oil seal.They have a habbit of leaking if disturbed by removing the trans or even just sitting unused for a time.
    Mark

18. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

I welcome the dumb question! You would not believe how many times That was the one thing I needed... The dumb stuff... Yes they were. Sitting around is likely th cause. I bought this re-built from a guy bout a year or so ago. I don't know how long he had it... But it has been sitting on my side of ownership.

Is is one of those that will re-seat or am I looking at pulling it?

19. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

So here are some pictures of a few things... Progress in other areas. Hand Made Seat Company built the seats. Jamey is a cool dude just make'n it happen. The flash did not blast for the cockpit shot, but you get the idea... I still need to work out connecting the filler neck, but I thinks Tanks Inc will have me covered there.

As you well know... still lots to do... Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  20. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Opps, they did not attach....

21. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Aaargha!
    3 tries... what is going on...

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  22. hdv32

hdv32

I've had the same issue on auto tranny in car that sits long periods without driving. Front input seal on Turbo 350. Get it out drive it a little and it will seal up and not leak anymore. Mine will leak in the winter when I go a few months without driving it. Hang in there on the build. I travel constantly and have two kids, kids wife and job comes first. It will get done.

23. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

pics try # 4

24. pecker head

pecker head

Damn boy ! Your teasing us !

25. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

#5 try on pics... I have a long history of success... Let see if this works...

26. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

sorry, they are just not loading... I put the on photobucket... Try #6
    [​IMG]

27. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Hi Jay.As hdv32 says,it may seal itself when you get up and running but,be prepared to change the seal if it doesn't.
    Re difficulty posting pics,this site has been running slow the last few days and a few people have had problems posting.I believe Ryan has the issue in hand.
    Mark

28. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Hey Jay Dont get down...I know how easy it is to! Go watch some mad fab or jimmy whites blown hemi video on youtube to get you back into the vibe! Itll all come together soon enough...or at least thats what I keep tellin myself

29. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

try # 7 on the pic load...

Thanks for the words guys!

Attached Files:

30. very cool!!
    I love them when they are so close to driving ;)