Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 292 y block NO CRANK (rebuilt engine)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikhett, Jul 31, 2015.

1. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

On my 56 ford Victoria the rebuilt 292(previous owner) will not crank.I pulled the starter and I pulled all spark plugs lubed the cylinders and it wont turn by the crank damper bolt.Battery is fully charged.I was gonna try a flywheel turner next.ANY IDEAS? THANKS

2. First are you sure it ever turned before?

Something locking the flywheel ?

Fucked up rebuild ?

3. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

NOT SURE,But when i drained the oil water came out before the oil did.HYDROSTATIC LOCK????

4. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

They're ALL "just rebuilt" or "brand new" motors .. some are way better than others.
    Pull the plugs & look down the bores ...

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm really not surprised to hear that an engine with no crank will not run. :D
    What did you expect ? :D

49ratfink and 1927graham like this.
  6. John Hardy

John Hardy

Let it dry out for a day or two, pull all the acc. belts off and try again. If it still wont move figure on pulling it apart.

7. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

BLUE ONE it has a crank,It doesn't turn over!

8. studebaker46

studebaker46

what you need to know is where the water came from. was left out with out air cleaner, cracked block or maybe head gasket was it clear water or antifreeze? just ideas Tom

9. With water in the cylinders DOES it matter where it came from, You will need to pull it apart to find out the extent of damage. Then decide what to do, rebuild or replace.
    HYDROSTATIC LOCK= RUST

10. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

A very minute amount of rust will stick a piston in a bore...especially if it's fresh. Spray some Seafoam ...WD 40...or similar concoction to see if it will free up. It's the easiest thing to try. Water in the oil pan is a bad sign of real neglect and exposure to the elements or bad head gasket..or cracked stuff as noted above...

11. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

I agree what Ricks Garage said. Water is no good open her up and see where the water came from sounds like the rings are rusted to the cylinder walls.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  12. town sedan

town sedan

To quote the big cartoon chicken "that's a joke son"

Sorry to hear about your problem. As others have said I'm afraid it will be time to pull it apart to see why. -Dave