Register now to get rid of these ads!

292 Y Block Ford - Complete Running Engine

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by 57JoeFoMoPar, Jun 9, 2015.

1. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

City: Union

State: New Jersey
    Price: $650 obo
    For sale is a 292 cubic inch Y Block engine out of a 1959 Edsel Ranger. I am selling this engine as a complete, running set-up, carb-to-pan. This engine was in a 1959 Edsel Ranger that I bought, but I'll be swapping in a 302/C4 combo for a bit more power. This engine has a two barrel Motorcraft 2100 series carb on it, and a standard points distributor. Since this is a post-'57 Y Block, this engine is equipped with the more desirable rocker arm assemblies, rather than the earlier nut-and-set-screw style. Included with this engine is the generator and starter as well, so this engine could be cleaned up and gone through, and put into a car with minimal fanfare. It also has the dual exhaust cast manifolds on it, and not the wacky crossover pipe that came on other Y blocks. These manifolds alone are usually 100-150 bucks. I literally drove this car into my garage to pull the engine, a video of which I have posted below. The rockers obviously need a bit of adjustment, but it starts easily and revs freely. It might need a new fuel pump, which is a $20 part at any Napa.

This engine is big and heavy, so I won't ship it. But I do have an engine crane and can load it in your truck or van, or for a small fee, I can deliver within a reasonable distance. Feel free to call me with questions or to schedule an appointment to see it at (908) 705-3236 between the hours of 10 am and 10 pm. Thanks for looking!

https://www.facebook.com/jsiclari/videos/vob.11304759/10102292327878464/?type=2&theater

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar