Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 292 chevy cyinder scored

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jameshufford, Jan 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jameshufford

Jameshufford

I have a 66 chevy c30 with a 292 it was completely stock from the deck down including the cam but the head was a 194 head(I know the close chamber sucks) but the head was a steal 80 bucks for a head with heavy springs 1.94 intake valves, a small amount of valve unshrouding bolt bosses removed but no lump port because the bottom of the port was ground down, offy intake with a 2 bbl Holley and Langdon exhaust, I was beatiyon it a little about a month ago and it started making noises so I tore it down, I found metal in intake port #6 and #6 piston was either starting to melt or an air cleaner nut had fallen down the intake is another possibility, the walls of #6 and scored and it going to need a 30 over bore, I tried a hone and the didn't come out after 10 minutes in the drill, I have access to another 292 for 200 but if I go that way I will not use the head because my dad doesn't want me tearing apart a new motor but I will still use the intake and exhaust, I could also use that motor for now and do a full rebuild on the other one and go crazy(big bore, big cam, lump port the 292 head that I have andbuild a 300hp 6) at some point I would really want to put one of these intosomething really cool like a t bucket.