Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 292 Chevy Carbs

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jahawk, Dec 2, 2018.

1. jahawk

jahawk

I'm currently running the Langdon set-up with Offy dual carb intake and webers. It performs fine but I really don't care for the look of the Webers. Anybody else move from the Webers? Any suggestions on carbs to switch to?

Jim

2. rtomss

rtomss

Rochester's, Strombergs, Carters, Zeniths are probably the most popular. Gotta find a matching pair in any set up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've got them, too, and don't like the looks, either. Find an air filter that hides most of them. They work too well to exchange with old "leakers".

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi. My Avitar shows the dual Weber's on the reworked 235 in my 46 Chevy Coupe. I used the offset carb bases so the 9" Orbit cast aluminum air cleaners would not touch on the Clifford intake. They work great for me on this engine.
    I am currently considering getting another Weber and an adapter base mount & put it on my 218 Flathead six in my 50 Plymouth Deluxe. I am going to start another thread on suggestions for mods on my flathead 218 for the Plymouth. Jimmie

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. jahawk

jahawk

I think I'm going to pull the chokes off this weekend. Hopefully that will clean them up a bit.

6. jahawk

jahawk

So I pulled the choke housings off. I like the look.

Jim

Attached Files: