Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 tudor sedan glass fitment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteMattersen, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Trying to fit door glass into my 29 tudor sedan currently. I have no original glass and am attempting to make templates to have glass cut. When i make a template the stock dimensions (26 7/8"x16 1/4") i cannot physically fit the glass in the door. Even with run channels out, and top door trim off. Is there any chance the brace on the inner door panel was removed and glass was slid in the door from the bottom? If i do sand my template enough to get it in the door it is sloppy when the run channels are installed. Do i have the wrong channels perhaps? They are a repop vintiques kit. Any input is appreciated.
    thanks
    matt

2. belle

belle

where did you get those measurements? my `28 tudor is around 26-5/8 wide. glass goes in from the top after you remove the cover

3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I bought pre-cut model a door and side glass. I also bought all channel and felt from Mac's antique. All fit easily and without force. Channel is felt lined and can be "closed" some to grip the glass a little easier. Hope this helps.

4. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

Contact Chriss Blattie here on the HAMB .I just ordered my glass from him. 350;00$ delivered to my door. He has all the pattern's no need for you to make a template

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Im an A#$hole, after scraping the primer from the top of the door frame i found the screws that take the whole top of the frame off. Things make a whole lot more sense in a short amount of time. What a dumbass hahahah.

6. thanks gregg, but this way its around 40 a window and i need it by the end of the week.

7. According to something I saved from here, the door glass was 26 13/16 long by 16 3/8 tall. I had to have the length of mine adjusted shorter to make them operate correctly. The side glass is 30 5/8 long and 16 3/8 tall. Same story on what I had to do again. Back off on length by 1/8 or so. 1/4 laminated plate glass. I'll suggest tinted glass instead of clear.
    If you want a copy of what I saved, I'll need your e-mail address. It's easier to do it that way than to go thru the photo server deal. My car isn't chopped.

8. Its handled, thanks though. Pattern took under 5 mins after i figured out the door top comes off.