Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 Sedan engine location on a 32 chassis?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpkiwi, Mar 10, 2012.

1. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Ok I have set the body up using the rear arches as referance to where the body should sit on the 32 chassis.I have mocked up the 4" recessed firewall and the engine to me needs to come back and down a couple of inches from where it is sitting in the pic.Don't mind the engine angle as the trans is sitting on some blocks.If you see from the pics the end of the hood and front grille will not be over the front crossmember.This to me would make it look funky.What are you guys out there doing to prevent this.Extending the hood might also look funky but would like to see pics if anyone has them.Thanks Roger

Attached Files:

2. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

3. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You should be able to make it fit without a recessed firewall and run a 17" stock fan blade.. You need the radiator you're using in place and fan blade installed so you can mount engine for front to rear alignment(and still be able to remove distributor) and then the height you need to center the fan in the radiator....

4. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Sounds good,and it does appear I can get away without a recessed firewall.What about the hood length though as if I keep it the stock length it appears the radiator will not be over the front cross member.I figure this is because the 32 chassis is longer than a 29 is this a good assumption.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

You need the radiator in the stock 32 position.. You will have to fab or buy a hood to fit an A on deuce rails.....

6. brandon

brandon

My old 28 tudor had the flange notched ....sbc, points dist,short pump, and mechanical fan

7. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Thanks for the help.