Register now to get rid of these ads!

'29 Roadster Update- Alliance Vendors and Other Stuff

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brad S., Mar 5, 2008.

1. Brad S.

Brad S.

It's been a while since I've written an update on my rolling project. Some quick pics from where I started and where we were most of last year.

It was a good starter project. Driver with no real issues other than asthetics and some finishing up here and there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tore it apart:

[​IMG]

Put it back together and took it to Roundup. It pretty much stayed like this all year.

[​IMG]

So this is where we were at.

After the Day of the Drags in Temple, Texas I decided I needed more power. So we replaced the '68 307 with a 4 bolt decked blueprinted 350 from my buddy's wrecked 74 Camaro.

It won't stay like this. I have another buddy with a Ford 390 I'm about to purchase. This oughta be interesting.

Anyway...

Our Alliance rocks. Bought some odds and ends here and there from a few folks (valve covers, bolts, license plate bracket, tail lights, etc..) and started a refit.

On Income Tax Return Day (should be a holiday) I got ahold of Jerry at Coker who promptly saved me over $100 on my tires and tubes. The service was fantastic.

Matt at Lakeheaders.com saved me shipping on my lake headers. $350 finished and let me tell you guys something...if you're considering weld ups or completes from Speedway you oughta get your pipes from Matt instead. These are outstanding.

On my wheels...hell. I can't say enough about how cool both Bear Metal Kustoms and Rally America are. Both Jimmy and Jason worked together to get my wheels finished up and to me in no time at all.

Now the car is done and going to Roundup again this year. Driven everywhere as always.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No all I need is a low profile 2X4. :D

[​IMG]

So the new valve covers haven't been put on because I haven't decided on what I'm going to do. They're not drilled for the PCV and I'm leaving them like that. I'll have to install one on whatever intake I decide to use...when i get it.

I'm concentrating on the inside of the car next.

[​IMG]

Gonna get new seats. Hopefully from our own Stitchbitch on the HAMB. Way up there in the great white north somewhere.

Need a new steering wheel. I'm thinking 40 Ford style. Wife likes the Bell style four spoke similar to what's there now. (I chopped that '57 GMC column months ago and took pictures. Need to make a tech post.)

Oh...I also removed the old aluminium and wood combo floor and put down a steel one. Also moved the battery and cables to behind the seat instead of under the car. w00t!

This is tech week so....thanks to an older article I read this week....I have new baffles. Almost.

[​IMG]

My spreadsheet says I saved $246 dollars total off of everything I purchased aliong with the free shipping I got on a few items. Man you can't beat that kind of discount.

Thanks.

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You sure saved her man....nice job.

3. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Outstanding Brad, outstanding!

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

holy shit, saved her is an understatment. VERY nice man

5. ratster

ratster

looks good!!

6. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

nice ,looks good......

7. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

The wheels and tires look great .... Glad to see you made your deadline.....Nice redo on the car... Jason.

8. WOW what a transformation -looks great!

9. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Nice transformation. $50 alliance membership was the best money you spent!

10. That roadster looks great. Great save.

JH

11. GatorO'dell

GatorO'dell

Looks Great now! Good job man hope my 28 turns out half as nice.

12. Nice work man - looks HEAPS better now. Well done !

Rat

13. WATKINS BOYZ

WATKINS BOYZ

14. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

What did you do for the rear roll pan? I like the roadster!

15. swimeasy

swimeasy

MAN,what a nice job!

16. Brad S.

Brad S.

That rear roll pan was there. It looks like they removed the cross piece along the back that bolts to the wheel wells and tucked in some new metal. Up close it's nice and tight.

I wanted to put it back to original but now that everything is set I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate original style wheel wells with that tuck.

Thanks for the compliments.

17. great project, glad your enjoying it. i got a project going like you did. also using alliance vendors every chance i get. in fact i just talked with matt a few days ago. soon as i get the measurements i'm ordering the exhaust. i want to be driving this summer. again great car you have.

18. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Nice save!. Looks much better.

19. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Big improvement!

20. Rusty

Rusty

Great job, Now that is saving car my friend. Love the wheel tire combo

21. Brad S.

Brad S.

The biggest issue with that car (one of them anyway) was always that huge amount of territory below the gas tank. That's why I moved the license up and added the tear drops right there.

Now I'm still thinking about molding in a small peak where the old trunk side were.

Hmmm.

Maybe some copper coloered pinstriping. Hmmm.

:D

Thanks guys.

22. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

wow - those wheels and tires make the car!

nicely done.
    - Joe

23. Dirty2

Dirty2

What a great change ! Looks good !