Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 roadster pickup trk (canvas tops)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old School 40, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Old School 40

Old School 40

My husband is trying to build a canvas top for a 29 rpu and he saw an article in a magazine, street rodder or rod and custom, not sure. Can anyone direct me to a site or article that will help him out. Wife, just trying to help him, thank you Mrs Old School 40:)

2. bonesy

bonesy

Not exactly sure what you are looking for, but here is a cool article and a couple of images:

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/howto/86421/photo_12.html

Attached Files:

3. Old School 40

Old School 40

Thank you for your reply but I am looking for a Model A roadster pickup trk. The frame and directions just as you sent to me on the other car. Thanks again;)

4. budd

budd

i have a frame, not stock, i paid $100, came with the cover as well, if you like i can take a pic of it for you?

5. Old School 40

Old School 40

That would be great and we can go from there. I so do thank you for your reply, Mrs Old School 40

6. Old School 40

Old School 40

I don't know if you have sent pictures of the frame and top you messaged me about but I am getting very little response in regards to my question. Do I need to rephrase it? Thank you, Sandi

7. Do a search on here for it.A few months back someone posted a tech article on making a set of top irons for a roadster or roadster pickup.

8. I think Figider made one. I believe you can buy them from Mac's Antique Auto. You might look at their website and see if there are pictures.

9. budd

budd

ok heres the pics, as i said this is not stock, i also don't have the part that hooks to the window posts, the whole thing is aluminum. if you want me to measure something just ask.

Attached Files:

10. 41 C28

41 C28

I used thin wall conduit (Lowes) along with stainless boat hardware from ebay. Made a header from a piece of oak. Then off to the trim shop for the canvas top.

Attached Files:

11. Older thread but if you still need some dementions and pics of a original top bow assy let me know. Have mine off the rpu.