Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 29 model a coupe help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by soda4u2, Oct 21, 2011.

1. soda4u2

soda4u2

I just bought a 29 model a coupe!!! This is my first old hot rod. Was wonder if ya'll can tell me who makes the best re-pop parts!!! Dash, firewall, etc!! I figure with all the expertise on the hamb, someone can help me!!! Thanks in advance- jimmy

2. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Most reproduction parts are crap. Avoid them as much as possible. I buy parts from Snyders. Good folks. The absolute best thing you can do for your car is get a high compression head. It changes the car from a putt putt car to a real go getter!

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Pics and we'll have a better idea. Some stuff you can makework..some stuff is better to hold off for an original piece.

4. woodypecker

woodypecker

I like howell sheet metal.

5. Do a search on Howell's......

6. 067chevy

067chevy

I like Zanes in Glade, KS

7. chopper cliff

chopper cliff
    from lodi ca

Hot Rod or Restore, more info please.

8. Google your needs, then take a pick. Prices usually reflect quality,and top "quality" isn't always needed. Depends on how much you spend on the car and how you're gonna finish it,jalopy(can't say rat here), old school. traditional. show. Many folks think the best( ie the priciest) is always necessary and it ain't true. I've had good luck with Mac's Antique Auto Parts.

9. millersgarage

millersgarage

Do your research. Most parts are made by a few companies, and are sold by many. I noticed long ago, looking thru my Snyders, Gaslight, and Mac's catalogs, that the part all have the same or similar part numbers between the catalogs. Go for the best price.

Vintique makes most of the stuff, but you cannot buy it directly from them, have to use a vendor.

Find old Ford parts for as much as you can, as most of the repop stuff does not fit without work.