Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 29 Fordor old paint and rust GONE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JunkOSC, Mar 25, 2010.

1. I'm must be getting old... my body hurts after that. I have a few areas still to address before I prime the old hot rod. I'm still up in the air about color. Original was black (top) on blue (lower), might go back to that. I'm thinking she'll have a shine to her... not flat black.

Attached Files:

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Nice ford, but I envy your grass.

3. Thanks. I can't take credit for the grass...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. davis574ord

davis574ord

Very cool!!!!!!!!!! Looks like its in real good shape, just not much of a sbc fan in fords but opinions are like assholes, everybody has one! Still a cool ride!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. koolkemp

koolkemp

Bang on for the proportions ! Most a sedans end up as too low r@t r@ds , that looks great cant wait to see it in color!

6. blt2go

blt2go

that looks terrific. your car is now my favorite fordor, keep up the great work. i agree with koolkemp proportion and stance are spot on.

7. woodman

woodman

I like the dropped axle out front. A true hot rod, nice build.

8. Have to agree, nice proportions, and I like sbc in old fords.
    Is the panel below the below the back of the of the car on 4drs only. I saw one on a 31 sedan and really like the way it fills in that area, are they hard to find? I am building a 31 with fenders and would like to find one for my car.

9. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

looking good, i like the paint idea (black and blue) i like the fact that you can still use your rear doors makes it usable still

10. SpeedAddict001

SpeedAddict001
    from Alaska

You have done a lot of work! It is looking good and I love the stance and front axle set up. The black and blue paint idea sounds good too, but that is always up to you... LOL... Keep up the excellent work and keep us updated....

SpeedAddict001

11. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Looks good. Happy to see that the flat black era is coming to an end. It needs some shiny paint

12. HotRod33

HotRod33
    from MO

I never really thought about a 4 door sedan as a highboy but it looks good....

13. Thanks all for the kind words... Its been a fun build and could not have done it with out the help from kind posters here on the HAMB. Thanks to all!! I still have a shit load of work to do but its getting there.

bjinx,
    That roll pan thing (not sure what you would call it?) I think is mordor only?? I never seen one on a two door, but that's not to say you couldn't put one on (a little tweeking)... I had to trim and shape the sides to make it look right; it originally bolted to the fender as well.

14. I down loaded Photoshop so I could paint the hot rod. Here are a couple reds.

Attached Files:

15. pecker head

pecker head

Nice ! I dig 4dr A's !

16. Lookin' good!!
    thanks for the inspiration, I just picked up a 29 fordor

[​IMG]

17. Cool. Looks solid! Keep us posted on the progress...