Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 ford gas tank?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by layin_frame_56, Jan 28, 2008.

1. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

I have a 29 ford roadster and my question is it currently has the tank under it but its a real B%$CH to put gas in it runs all over the running boards. So I was thinking of putting a 32 tank in the back but i dont know if it will work any body on here know if it will or not. I know i will have to take the roll pan off and change the pipes but that dont matter to me i just mainly need to know if it will go in there or not.. Heres a pic of the rear.. THANKX Mike

[​IMG]

Thankx Again

2. There's a kit available that supplies deuce-style rear frame stubs, frame covers and tank. That roll pan will obviously have to go, but your pipes may clear. Google around the street rod sites, you'll find it.

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ya it should work if you've got a stock style frame? they make a kit to do it.
    Dave

4. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Thankx for the info i didnt even think about a conversion kit.

5. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

As far as I know the only thing you can get, and it what I am going to do on my '31... is you have to build part of it yourself and you can buy the frame horns from Tanks, Inc... they also have the information for mounting it... Here is the link...

http://www.tanksinc.com/img/a-conversion.gif

6. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio

Thankx stillkruzn web site to tanks.com and the link you posted is a big help Again Thank You Mike

7. layin_frame_56

layin_frame_56
    from Ohio