Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '29 Chevy coupe project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lafnbowtie, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Lafnbowtie

Lafnbowtie
    from N.Colorado

First, any help or photos is much appreciated! Some back ground about our coupe, I purchased my fathers '29 Chevy coupe back from the person he had sold it to after 10 yrs. During this time my father has passed, not alot has changed with the car. The car was purchased in '96 in pieces, the inner structure was collapsing due to the rotting wood , we hauled it home and my father started on it with minimal help from my brother & I. Built the frame, inner steel frame structure etc. My question is, the doors during the build never had window regulators or any of the hardware. Due to the wood in these cars that rots and takes everything with it, is there another car that builders have mocked up to use in place? I know nothing is going to be a direct fit, but is there a vehicle style that might be good to start with? Possibly a early Ford etc? Thx again for any exp or ideas.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  2. Try using Model A window regulators as they are available as reproduction parts, and not too expensive.

3. Lafnbowtie

Lafnbowtie
    from N.Colorado

Thx! Looks like the best option so far

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker