I looked for quite a while and could never find one thread for dropped axle with a disc brake conversion for chevy straight axle keeping the 6 lugs. So here is my project and I'll show how I did it and where I got the parts and what the actual cost was to me. Heck, I'll even show where I goofed and where I spent too much money and how I would change things. Its still not done completely, but I'll update it in the next week or so when its completely done. I am no mechanic - I am an average guy in an average garage with regular hand tools. I had to get some machine shop help and I'll give the prices there too. The threads entitled "my dropped axle and disc brakes for $300" really bother me because my world doesn't work that way. Seems like I never get the freebies like that guy did or the trade ends up costing me more than if I had just bought it outright. This axle is for the 33 Chevy sedan in my profile. I am just finishing the car Rollie started as a kid with his father in 1963. Rollie asked me to drive it back to Purifoy's when I am done with it. Heck I intend to drive it all over the place. So, if discs arent "traditional" enough for you, quit reading right now, and lets not have that debate. The car is a 33 Master and was converted to juice back in the day. I read all of the info Sid has on his website and it gave me a real good idea on what GM did with these axles and what fits with what. I decided the best route was to get a 41-54 half ton axle. It turns out I was right, but thats now how the project ended up. So.... I bought an axle from a 50 pick up for $50. Its a regular grungy axle like we all start with. I took apart what I could but got stuck on the king pins. I had to go to a machine shop and have the kingpins pressed out - I don't recall for sure, but I think he said it took 20 tons to get it apart. Cost me $75 to press them out and and press the hubs off the drums. I end up with a 50 half ton axle as a core for Sid to drop and left the 33 axle in the car. Yeah, I had to scrape the chud off with a toothbrush to find the nuts, and I had to crank back the shoes because there were such ridges in the drums and yes everything was stuck. Here is what I started with as I was taking it apart.