Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 28 model AR TRUCK WIRING HARNESS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Uncle Mark, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Uncle Mark

Uncle Mark

image.jpeg Hey all, been putting the flatbed back on the road again and have been going through everything so there's no surprises.

My question is: what is the gray wire with orange paint marks coming from the steering column connector for?

I can't find any reference to a wire this color in any of my books, I'm thinking it may have been for cowl lamps but I have zero idea.

I don't know who the harness was sourced from so no luck there.

There's a very slight amount of voltage present when tested but I haven't switched on the lights yet to see if it powers up, I'd rather have a bit of info first.

I'll throw up a pic in a bit, I'm trying to clean up the harness a bit and found it, going to shorten up some of the wires on the self wired side and make it easier to live with

2. Uncle Mark

Uncle Mark

Here's a few pics, the wire is definately not black as there are black wires to compare it to right next to it.

It has a shielded female terminal, even if you could call it blue there are no blue wires in any of my schematics.

You can also see why I'm cleaning it up a bit, just the horn wire has about 18 extra inches of wire in the circuit.

Attached Files:

3. Uncle Mark

Uncle Mark

image.jpeg Found out what it is, it's blue with yellow stripes even though it's grey with orange paint marks also.

It's the horn wire from the button, I tested if it was for cowl lamps but it wasn't.

The horn button is intermittent though and that's why Dad had installed a button on the column, I will disassemble the horn button and spray it with De-Oxit Gold contact spray and that will take care of it.

I collect vintage stereo equipment and the products from De-Oxit are the best out there for cleaning switches bar none, it just plain works.

Also I got an after shot of the wiring harness, not the way Henry intended it but hey, it won't fail now.

Enjoy