Register now to get rid of these ads!

28 coupe to roadster quarter conversion... Whos done it? HELP!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loudandfast13, Jun 7, 2010.

1. loudandfast13

loudandfast13

Ok, I know its "bad" to cut up a coupe to make a coupter but most of the butcher work was done before I bought these bodys. I'm trying to save some real Henry steel and make it the best I can. I cannot afford a Brookville body and do not want one. I want to do it the hard way. Now heres the good news. I have a real 28 roadster cowl, windshield posts and doors to mate to the quarters pictured which will make my "coupster" much more "roadster" than most. Especially if I can make the correct mods to my quarters. I have all the coupe rear panels to work with including a really nice deck lid. The doors and cowl pictured are chopped down coupe stuff and I am not using them.

What I want to know is what has to be done to make it right. I know I need to complete the beltline and stretch the quarters. Does the deck lid need any changes? If anyone has done this I would love to see pictures. (before, after and through the process) Any dimensions or hints on where to take or add sections would be extremely helpful.

Also, please don't post the obvious statement of "Just buy roadster quarters" I have looked for quite some time and could not find anything.

I'm sure someone on here has made a near perfect roadster from a coupe... Right?

Attached Files:

2. this is the job i was thinking to do in my coupester ,,now i have mounted a hallock windshield and i love the look of mine.....see the pictures.....my coupester have the panel above deck lid changed with the roadster panel...looks very good....i suggest you to made this....deck lid have the same dimension in roadster and coupes,,if you have the roadster cowl posts & doors..will be a nice work....so the quarters are about 2'' higher then the door and lineaments near the doors attacament about 1'' larger then the roadster doors