Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 28 A flathead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pooch2, Jan 16, 2015.

1. pooch2

pooch2
    from Australia

Finally got some room to throw some parts together for next pending project.

28 hiboy roadster on stock shape chassis.

Are there any books to buy or info online about engine placement in chassis ?

I have read a little about different water pumps etc for clearance issues .

I want to run a radiator in its stock place behind a stock 28 shell and not cut the firewall if possible.

And I need to know where engine goes, re height and potential steering box/ exhaust clearance issues etc.

Will be RHD .

Have a 21 stud motor to start with the mock up .

2. First would the Bishop-Tardel book,and Nostalgia by Ron HollaranMotor mounts 3" back from radiator mounting hole to forward edge of mount.

3. alchemy

alchemy

There is NEVER a standard measurement for a hot rod engine install. Every hot rod has some different components. If somebody tells you a measurement, mock it up and check for yourself first. Mock/block/bolt up ALL your parts before welding anything in. Especially all us northerners trying to give you info for your RHD install. We have no idear what your backwards steering boxes and pedals will measure up to be.

4. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Yep the Tardel book is a must have for anyone interested in building a traditional hotrod.

6. Bader2

Bader2

My 8ba is 5" from center of rad mount hole to center of motor mount hole.