Register now to get rid of these ads!

28-29 model a truck cab hauling in new truck???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Jan 20, 2012.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

any one ever haul a model a truck cab and bed in the back or a new truck. more spicificly a 2011 dodge 6' bed. i know the cab will fit but i was wondering if the cab and bed will fit. i got to pick up a model a cab and bed and i hate to hook up and drag a trailer all the way to ks with gas prices being what there are. i think the cab will fit all the way up front cowl first but i am wondering if the bed will fit standing on end behine the cab .any ideas? any measurements of the cab out there? thanks for any info you can provide. drew

2. I carried all that in a short bed s 10. Cab hanging off the tailgate. bed in front. But I don't care if I scratch stuff.

3. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

i would think it would fit.....stand box up on end....use some good tiedowns.

4. Had you considered taking some lumber and a handsaw with you ? I'm thinking you may be able to lay the Model A Cab flat on its back and drop the upside down model A bed over it with a couple lengths of lumber strapped across the top your late model bed to support the Model A
    bed .

5. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

I would probably put the cab in first and then the box with the tail gate down. Tie it in good and go.

6. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Should fit i had on in a 98 150 shortbed but just the cab it just cleared the wheel wells prob have to leave your tailgate down to get the bed in they also fit in nissan titans i know.

7. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

thanks for the input. i cant wait to get this cab and bed. i just trying to keep fuel cost down and not drag a trailer to kansas from cincinnati ohio. i guess i am kinda cheap that way. haha!

8. Blackie

Blackie

It will fit. TIE IT DOWN. I will never forget the story on here of a guy getting a model A (I think) cab done after hundreds of hours spent and watching through his rear view mirror as the cab flew through the air and tumbled down the highway.

Sent from a pay phone

9. 29pu

29pu

^^ that would totally ruin your day ^^

10. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Take the trailor, your truck won't notice it much and you may find more goodies!

11. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

29pu i like your avatar. what are the details on that unit? engine wheels etc. i am ate up with these trucks. here is my old 28 i drove to l.a. roadster show in 2006

Attached Files:

12. pakrat

pakrat

You can do it

13. xlr8

xlr8
    from Idaho

I would think you could put the model A bed in your pickup bed and then put the cab in it sideways, I could be wrong though.