Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 28/29 Model A Rdst on a Deuce frame with fenders. PICS??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AV8-Rider, Sep 9, 2009.

1. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

I have a 28 model A roadster on a Deuce frame and are thinking about the opportunity to put some fenders on it in the future. Not thinking of cycle style fenders but regular ones.
    This is NOT a bolt on thing, I know.
    I have a vague memory of a car with modified fenders and running boards but can not remember where or when. Think it was a car from "back in the days".

Anyone having some pics or suggestions??

Paul

2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Because they need to relate to the frame, you'll have to use '32 front fenders. Even so you might need to rework them a bit to fit, as '29s on Deuce rails often have the rails pinched a bit around the cowl area.

To fit the recesses in the body and the rear valance arrangement you'll most probably have to use '29 rear fenders. I don't know how the '32 and '29 edge-bead details will relate to one another. It shouldn't be too hard to get '32 running boards to relate to both, as the junction to the rear fender is quite simple.

More importantly, I don't know if the crowns of the front fenders might not rise higher than the rears, in relation to the floor level, which might look a bit odd. If you find yourself having to reposition the rear fender recesses you might as well use '32 recesses, '32 rear fenders, and a '32 rear body and fuel tank arrangement, and what was supposed to be a simple job becomes a huge operation. I've never done it, though; nor have I compared the dimensions of '29 and '32 rear fenders. For all I know '32 fenders fit perfectly on '29 bodies ...