Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 28/29 A Modified

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lamb, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Lamb

Lamb

So some may remember my build, some may not - I'm going to start a fresh thread to bring it back to life as I am getting back into it now that I have got some other things out of the way.
    My rod is back on the front burner again now that I've pretty much finished dicking about with the val wagon, I decided that the T body was a bit too daunting for my first build so have decided to get the A parts back off Al and return to the original plan of a modified. The T will be next in line with a higher stance and probably a Y block. Yes I changed my mind again....
    As it stands the chassis is rolling and has the driveline fitted. The chassis has a 4" sweep up front and around a 10" kick up at the rear. Front end is spring behind axle with split bones, rear is ladder bar. I'm running armstrong shocks up front and standard telescopic type in the back. Wheels will be 17" plymouth artilleries that I picked up and the 15's will be saved for the T. The suspension needs a bit of tweaking to get it sitting just right (probably a non-dropped axle and another leaf in the back would sort it..)
    The driveline is a '56 nailhead with triple rochesters backed with a ford toploader, rear end is a '56 customline. The body will have a tub like back end rather than an rpu back and am running a fordson tank.
    Steering will be handled by a reversed HK box and the pedals will be swung from under the dash too - the dash will be '49 ford thanks to Keith
    Hoping returning to the simpler body will shave some time off the build and I can have a little break before starting on the T.
    17" fitted up
    [​IMG]
    headers made
    [​IMG]
    bare chassis nearly there
    [​IMG]
    making car noises - fancy bits on the nailhead
    [​IMG]
    fordson tank
    [​IMG]
    body panels
    [​IMG]

2. Lamb

Lamb

Got the '49 dash chopped down and tacked to the '28 dash rail. Pretty pleased with how it all turned out. The plan is to hopefully find and run a '51 ford cluster in it using a modified '49-50 basket
    [​IMG]

3. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Lovin' the front axle tucked up to the grille but still hanging out there at the same time. Cool build.

Scotty