Register now to get rid of these ads!

270 Hemi to Cad/Lasalle trans anyone seen anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50skalpedponcho, Jul 23, 2009.

1. 50skalpedponcho

50skalpedponcho

I'm trying get a Cad/Lasalle trans. to match up to a 270 Dodge Red Ram Hemi. Has anyone seen trans adapters around for this application? I spoke with the great guys at Wilcap yesterday, and they said go with the Chevy to Lasalle adapter bellhousing and then use the Hemi to Chevy trans adapter. They also said that there is older adapters out there Craigslist, swap meets, etc. Any help? Thanks.

2. George

George

Bell is the same as the 392. A 392 to Cad adaptor would work, but, Wilcap knows what they are talking about. Might want to follow thier comments.

3. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wilcap!! Pat rules!

4. TomWar

TomWar

in 1959 I bought an adapter and put a Lasale trans behind my 56 354.

5. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

Pat did my flathead to lasalle adaptation and it was the only thing on the car that bolted up and worked right the first time. I would do what Pat says.

6. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

7. My dad has a trans dapt bell housing to adapt a lesalle to an early hemi. This one uses the stock plate for the starter. Its NOS from the sixties.

Attached Files:

8. 50skalpedponcho

50skalpedponcho

Slayer - Is it for sale?
    greazhonkey, scootermcrad, George - Pat at Wilcap knows what's up.
    TomWar - Remember who produced it (Almquist, J.C. Whitney, Honest Charley, etc)

Thanks.

9. As said dodge, desoto and chrysler all have the same bell housing bolt pattern. that should broaden your search