Register now to get rid of these ads!

'27 T: door length & body width

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by raaf, May 30, 2008.

1. raaf

raaf

hoping you '27 T folks can help me out with a couple measurements. thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Check the Westcott Fiberglass website, they have dimensions.

3. raaf

raaf

thanks, but i checked wescott as i had grabbed good frame specs from them in the past...alas, no specifics on these dimensions.

in the end i'm less concerned with the door dimension because i'll probably just close this up and build to eyeball and fitting my ass/legs proportion. however, i'd like to know this as a starting point if possible.

...but the width is important because i've got a bit of twist going on and want to get it back to proper stock shape as i begin to brace and rebuild.

4. 43 3/4 across behind the door and 19 1/4 from cowl to door pillar on top and 18 1/2 at the bottom of the door cowl to pillar mine is steel too

Attached Files:

5. My mistake, Speedway has the dims, but looks like you have what you need now.

6. raaf

raaf

hotroded - exactly what i needed. ...and bonus points for the taper info.

sincere thanks guys.

7. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Just as a caveat, which may not apply to what you're doing, there appears to have been a variation between body suppliers of the open T bodies in '26/'27. I have several bodies and several sets of doors. They do not all interchange with each other. I have one set of doors that will only fit one particular body that I have. That set of doors is quite a bit too wide for the other bodies.

8. Wasn't '26 different from '27? '27 had a smooth cowl like a '30-'31, '26 had a step like a '28-'29.

9. arto

arto

I think that's an open car/closed car difference, not a '26 vs '27 one. Coupes and sedans have the step/coupe pillar, roadsters, tubs and RPUs all have the smooth cowl--for '26 and '27s anyway, so I've read. My bucket's supposedly a '26 and it's got the smooth cowl, at any rate.

10. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Funny you asked, i need the same measurements too!

11. if your going to build it to drive you will want to lenghten the doors or the rear section of the body for room I happen to be verticly challenged so I just fit comfortablie but if you have any height you will need room I dont know about the different door sizes but my 27 has smooth cowl and gas door I can give you more info if you need ed
    this might be a better picture of the cowl I do have other pictures just ask pm me

Attached Files:

12. raaf

raaf

hotroded - nice car.

i'm 6' 3" so i've got a lot of measuring and thinking to do...i'll stretch as long as appearance and wheelbase don't suffer too much. the pic above reflects the proportions that i think will work best. i'll check tonight to see how far off stock i am.

13. I see that I'm a little late chiming in but thought I'd measure mine anyhow. 43 1/8" inside width at the rear of the door openings, 19 1/2" door length. This is measuring an old glass race body so not necessarily exact.

Steve