Register now to get rid of these ads!

27 T/28-29 A truck question;

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pist-n-Broke, May 12, 2008.

1. I need a little help here. I know T Coupe doors are the same as 28-29 A trucks. I need to know if there is a inside molding that goes on the door at the window opening. I just bought a T Coupe body and was told all the inside trim was there. I find no molding on the doors and the seller says the upholstery wraps over a piece of wood and clips on. I can't argue the fact since I don't know for sure but it sounds wrong to me. A picture would help a lot since I can't find anything listed in the Model A books. This would be the piece your arm would rest on if you were hanging it out the door.
    The Wizzard

2. Assdragger

Assdragger

There is a metal garnish molding that your arm would rest on and a metal frame that goes around the window on the inside of the door, both are attached with flat tip screws.

Attached Files:

3. Thats what I thought. I have both 3 sided pieces that got accrost the Top and down the sides of the door glass. The other piece, the bottom is seperate but a metal trim that looks like it would fasten the top of the door panel. Looks like I'll be going back.
    The Wizzard

4. I see there is also a finger pull for closing the door. Sure hope he has them but doubtful since he thinks it's part of the door panel.
    Can you buy them reproduction?
    Thanks guys
    The Wizzard

5. Assdragger

Assdragger

The finger pull is how you open the door from the inside and it sticks up out of the latch. They dont repro the closed car latches but they sell a rebuild kit, I`ve found that most of the time you dont need the kit, just take the latch out and sandblast it then lube it up real well....they are a breeze to rebuild!