Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 27 ford toring car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sakelley22, Mar 13, 2012.

1. sakelley22

sakelley22
    from Easley SC

had this on the road now for about 4 years has a 500 caddy and a 3.23 9inch ford rear seriously thinking of taking it apart amd turning it into a roadster pick up any opinions

Attached Files:

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Why destroy a decent touring body?

3. sakelley22

sakelley22
    from Easley SC

thats what I'm struggling with but I love the RPUs

4. I agree tourings are cool and way to many get the back half cut off. If you really what the roadster PU you could keep the frame and swap the whole body for one and keep the touring body in one piece.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Then where would your buddy sit ?? :D

Don

6. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

Please don't. I dream about building a roadster pickup someday, but tourings were my first love.

Attached Files:

7. sakelley22

sakelley22
    from Easley SC

I would be willing to swap for a body if there is any interest this one has floors, gauges and switches that would go with it

8. Just do a bit of searching in the parts for sale classifieds. Punch in RPU or COWL as a search word. Search wanted adds with TUB or TOURER / PHAETON as the search word.
    If you really want to screw around in the workshop why not upgrade the tourer with paint , upholstery and chrome. Sure would look good.

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

please don't , i have a roadster pickup and a touring is next on my bucket list , i want something i can haul my friends or gear in , looks like a fun little car by the way , maybe have a cover made to go behind the front seat to the rear when not in use and it will have more of a pickup feel ?

10. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Don't do it... My Buddy just picked up a 26 Touring Hot Rod, Man is it a blast! We call it the party roadster, with 401 Nailhead for the mill and a car that can fit 5 people... It's one of the coolest Hot Rods around town! I wouldn't do it if i were you, you don't see tubs very often. IMO just Buy a RPU body if you want to... and then I'll take that tub off your hands haha:D

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Yea, dont cut it up. Theyres other bodies out there. Get another and work it so you can change bodies inna weekend of dedication. Folks will think you have two.
    I had two 64 malabu one a two door and a four door. The two door had a 250 the other has a warm 327. it was fun.

12. Window Licker

Window Licker

i have a buddy that cut his up and now he regrets it. at the time he was single now he has a wife and kid and doesnt drive it much since they cant all fit.

13. tjm73

tjm73

Tubs rule. Too many roadster pickups anyway.

14. silent rick

silent rick

i say give all these guys a chance to buy or swap for your body, say two or three months. if nobody steps up, cut it. it will make a good winter project. then you can sell the back half here to someone who had regrets after cutting theirs. lifes too short to worry about what others think. live a little, have fun.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't do it! Please, for the love of god don't do it!! Any T touring is cooler than a RPU.

Doc.

16. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Yeah I say keep the tub. Do it up right and enjoy it. RPU are cool too but a tub would be neato.