Register now to get rid of these ads!

27-28 Model T, need some HAMB influence.part 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brother Bob, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob

I dont have much exp with front axles and springs of early Fords and I have hit a wall.
    The car is a 27 T roadster with a 30 something frame. I dont have any technical data for this car except the HAMB and I have used the search but I'm not finding what I need.
    I have a 32 front axle that was too long between the hangers-Sooo I found what I believe to be a 37 front axle with the spring and wishbone, question is ......
    How do set up the spring on the frame?
    Spring in front of the axle?
    Behind the axle?
    New crossmember?
    There has got to be some info on what different ways to do it and why, I just cant find it! I think I have all the parts but just a bit skiddish about it, and would like to see some info.
    BTW the T has a 440 for power so weight is an issue , the engine alone is 670 LBS! I want it low but right.
    HAMB Help a brotha out ?

2. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

I used Chassis Engineering '28-'32 stuff, spring, axle, shocks, shock mounts, with '48 wishbones and '41 brakes. Works good; lasts a long time, and carries the weight of the old flathead just fine. :)

pigpen

[​IMG]