Starting a thread on the build of my '26 T roadster. Got the car this fall in trade for my '68 Roadrunner. The T has been a hot rod since 1958, first built by a local guy who is still alive. Was run with a flathead first, then a nailhead, stored in a barn during Vietnam, destroyed in a tornado during the war, then rebuilt and put back on the road by my friend Joe about 10 years ago. Joe didn't make it identical to it's original build, but he did put a lot of effort into using only period parts. His goal was to use only parts from 1940 or earlier, aside from some home made stuff like the gas tank and tail lights. So it was already a running and driving car when I got it. I liked what he had done, and his work all seems very nice, but he had no intention of painting it, and I like a more finished car, and I wanted to make some detail changes, so I'm going through it this winter. When I got it, he had it set up Modified-style, with no bodywork on the back, just a gas tank and tail lights, like this. (sorry for the crap pictures, space is tight in my shop) I thought it looked odd since it still had a full length wheelbase. I found a 22-25 T turtledeck on Craigslist for $60, and my original plan was to turn the tank around, slide it up toward the back of the cab, then notch the front part of the turtledeck so the top of the tank showed through. I tried that, but the deck was so small, it looked odd. So I decided to widen it out to cover the frame rails. I also had to make it an inch longer to wrap around the gas tank, and an inch taller so it wouldn't have a weird "step" where I made it longer. I liked that a lot better. Was also trying a nerf bar on the back, but I decided against it, too busy for me. Up front he had a painted 28-29 shell, but I had a '32 truck grille just waiting for a car to put it on, so that got swapped as well. Here's the '32 shell just set on And after about 10 hours of straigtening and welding. I still have to finish the splash pan piece at the bottom. That's about as far as I am today. Working on finishing the welding on the turtledeck and the grille pan. Plans for the future are a slight reworking of the headlight bar, a stainless cowl band I'm making using a Model A one, 40 Ford solid wheels with 6.50 16" tires, and a complete repaint back to the blue color it was when first built in 1958. Will also detail the engine and paint the frame. I'll update while I'm working on it.