Register now to get rid of these ads!

'26 T racer shaping up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CDM, Jun 7, 2012.

1. CDM

CDM

Been working on a '26T racer. The objective has been to build the car by hand as much a possible like guys with not much money would have done behind the house in the 20's. As a result not much Mastercard or store bought stuff here.

Engine and drive train are Model T with '28 Chevy OHV conversion, Model A tranny and rear end. Will post pics of that later. Goes like a bat out of hell though.

I got excited about the body coming together and wanted to share it. This is all hand made (no wheels, planishing hammers, rollers, etc.) as if you can't tell...ugly but soooo beautiful to me. Will probably cut and shape some more but getting the idea.

I would encourage anyone who wants to make a car to go for it. I have never done sheet metal and have had the crap slapped out of me bending all this into shape but it's more than worth it.

Attached Files:

2. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Nice Job! Cool "T" speedster. Got a pic of the 28 Chevy OHV conversion?

3. Welcome to the HAMB, CDM- your speedster looks great!!!

Are you using a Neal Jern head conversion?

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is sweet. I've been gathering parts for years to build a little racer style roadster but progress is painfully slow.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred

6. j.Mack

j.Mack
    from Milwaukee

awesome, look forward to seeing it done.