Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 26 roadster build; Bang Bang

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by h.i., Nov 4, 2012.

1. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Rolled out for another look with everything in place. Getting ready to locate body mounts.

IMG_6891.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  2. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

A few more with everything located

IMG_7054.jpg IMG_7055.jpg IMG_7078.jpg

3. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Almost caught up to where we are now. With the the body mounted solid, A few weeks ago we moved on to steering. Got an F1 box and a model a flange ready for machining.

IMG_0070.jpg IMG_0072.jpg IMG_0075.jpg

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Steering box located and mocked up for fit.

IMG_0097.jpg IMG_0100.jpg

Greenblade likes this.
  5. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Have a little issue with exhaust clearance. Going to turn some 1" spacers on the lathe and raise the motor up a bit. Hope it's enough...

IMG_0096.jpg

OFT likes this.
  6. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

That brings us up to date. The last thing I did was smooth out an old spreader bar I had and drop it in to see how it looked.

IMG_0101.jpg IMG_0104.jpg IMG_0106.jpg

Shadow Creek, brEad and -Brent- like this.
  7. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

This week we work on pedals. I'll try to keep up with the updates as we move along.
    It's come a long way, I want to thank my friends Matt, Chris and Marty for helping out. I never could have done something this ambitious without them. Thanks guys.

brEad likes this.
  8. Im enjoying this build, the stance is spot on and the wheel/tire combo is very cool. I hope you leave the iron heads on the motor as it gives the car that late 40s early 50s look. Way cool T. JW :)

9. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thanks 26! The heads stay unless someone wants to donate some cool ones. They probably flow better anyway. Probably paint everything black and get some acorn nuts for all the studs. So far the motor is the newest part.

10. Bigjake

Bigjake

That is one bad ass looking roadster. The stance and the look are perfect can't wait to see the final product.

11. Those heads are cool ones, makes the car look like an early surviver.I have a sticker on my windshield that would look at home on yours, Bonneville 1950 2nd annual speed week car pass.Oh and thanks cactus for the door info. Cheers, JW

12. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thanks man! We have spent a lot of time setting it up. Appreciate the compliments.

13. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Oh shit that is cool. How about you send me that old crusty glass and I'll send you a nice new one. Don't you guys have some regulations about that stuff?

What is that frame made of? Looks like stainless or old chrome?

14. More regs than you can poke a stick at. Im going to get a new glass cut and get a copy made of the Bonneville sticker so i can look after the real one, may have to send ya one.I havent studied the frame yet, will do and let ya know, off to work now. Cheers JW :)

15. draider

draider
    from Texas

Sweet Hot Rod!

16. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thanks man!

17. Liking that merc engine,got one for my A.

18. MrModelT

MrModelT

Very nice looking '26 Roadster. I have always thought they had the nicest looking lines.

I love the look and stance of you car as well as your fab work. Keep up the good work!

19. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thanks guys. I followed yours very closely Clayton. Sorry we missed you at bonneville this year. I saw your car in Tims pit, but it was chaos and we didn't want to intrude, haha.
    Love your car. All the credit for the fab work goes to my buddy Matt. I am getting better tho.

20. MrModelT

MrModelT

Very cool and thank you kindly! ...I thought those split wishbone ends of yours looked familiar ;) :D

That's a shame, you should have stopped in to say hi! I always love meeting fellow H.A.M.B.ers and you would not have been intruding. I was just running through the pits and stopped in at Tim's to say "Hi" and bug him myself :rolleyes:

You and Matt's fab and machine work is really good. I have a good friend who is an excellent machinist (13 yr veteran Air Force Flight-line machinist actually) who did allot of work for me on my T's major re-build before Bonneville this year. I am still learning as well and would never have made it to the salt without him.

Hopefully I will feel more comfortable in the machine shop before to long.

Keep up the good work and I will certainly be watching.

Clayton

21. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thanks! We'll talk when it gets closer. We're going whether the car is done or not. I won't miss another one if I can help it. It's a religious experience.

22. 27T

27T

Perfect Stance! nice job on the frame, wish mine was more like yours!

23. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Man...I just found this build!! You're doing a great job with it and it looks slick as hell so far!!! Love the stance! Keep at it, this is going to be a really fun little roadster!!

24. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Thanks man. It looks so easy on the internet, haha.

brEad likes this.
  25. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Spy photos of the pedal setup. Machining and assembly tomorrow night.

IMG_0064.jpg

26. So what is that trans cross member & the pedals from? Lookin killer by the way

27. 27T

27T

trans crossmember looks like '41-'48(?) front crossmember

28. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Neat thread, awesome build - keep on keepin' on. I like the front spreader bar... the bump is true form follows function.

My grandfather (passed last month, age 93) was a Model T guru and told me one time at a swap meet that the reason that Model T turtle deck lids are so hard to find is that he and his "era" of buddies used them for sledding on the snow. If you look at the contour, you'll get his point.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  29. Pinewood

Pinewood

Cool project, keep up the hard work.