Register now to get rid of these ads!

26-7 T Modified Build ALL FORD - BY FORD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Nice ingineuity.

2. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

This thing is moving right along.

3. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Thanks guys! Hope to pick up a little speed here!
    laid out the rear bones today should be awsome. 35 rear end & bone mounts retriangulated with 46-7 front bones and model A ball & socket. The drop of the 6-7 bones will fit right under where we stacked the frame.

4. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

i have wanted to build 2 different cars for many years the first is a 26-7 t mod and the other is a Corvair gasser. I just looked at your build cant wait to see yours done. get after it! btw what did you want for those front drums?

5. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

2/10/11

Looks like my quick change should be here tomorrow. been playing with the new OT beach buggy and got a little behind. good thing jim keeps going like the energizer bunny. Nite before last he chucked up one of my 35 axle tubes and turned down the race on the end of the tube. it was pretty pitted so i got a new race from Early Ford down in San Dimas, Ca. Directions said turn it tight about a .001" tight, put the tube in the freezer to shrink it, and place the race in the oven to swell it up a bit. Add lock tight and press it on.
    The freezers full (Thank you Jesus) and we dont have a press. Got a 4lb sledge though. Jim left the tube in the cab of his truck over nite while it hit 28 degrees. The put it in the bed and headed 40 miles to work at 5am still pretty froze out, + windchill shrunk it right up. He put the race on the defroster and cranked on the heat. got to work. put on the lock tight. Grabbed the sledge and a piece of 1/2" plate end smacked it a couple times and it gently slid right in place. Looks good and should work just fine.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      349.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      248.7 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      440.7 KB
      Views:
  6. shane2290

shane2290
    from toronto

looking good Bob !!! cant wait too see finished product !! Stand up Rod from a stand up Guy !!!!

Cheers Shane

7. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

2/14/2011

ITS HERE! $1500.00 and 3months later it has finally arrived. YeeeeHaaaaw. Now we can get to work and make up some time. I want to drive by end of May. wish us Luck. Hopefully the Hot Rod Gods will smile on us.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      463.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      493.5 KB
      Views:
  8. chuckles0

chuckles0

Nice build .been following.
    Up dates?

9. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Kinda tore up a bit. The joints fell apart mid-winter. did get the quick change st up and under the car. Will post up some pics when i get a minute.

10. chuckles0

chuckles0

Ouch!! That's all you got for 1500.?

11. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Nah that's all i needed! i wanted new and looked for quite some time. coulda paid more elsewhere. But Dicks a HAMBer and gave a good product for a good price.

12. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Never could make peace with the 2.3 ranger motor. Yeah they wind up r economical etc but with the amount of work we pui in to use old original Ford parts it only made sence to use a flathead. Momma wouldn't cut loose with hers she thinks since she bought she should get it in her car (29 coupe). Finally found a nice runner over in Spokane and made the drive.
    I'm still tore up but got to get this on the road, been down to long. Grabbed a manpon and m gettin after it . I will try to post progress

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      551.1 KB
      Views:
  13. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

Phew ... That was a close one! Kudo's on the flattie!!!!

Ron

14. David Chandler

David Chandler

15. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

I'M BACK! Well here we go. Took some time off to get healed up a little. Got sick and tired of being sick and tired and decided to get back after it. So far we got the rear end triangulated with the dropped front bones (46ish) Salted away the Flattie and decided to stay with the nice light 2.3 with a 4 speed. Always stay with your first thought. Built front biscut mounts for the 2.3. Then built a tranny/rear bone mount couple weeks ago. Been working on the brake design. Looks like we got it figured out. (Oh Yeah!) Today we hacked out the fire wall and formed N stitched in the new flat metal. SMOOTH.

Heres a few pics.

Attached Files:

• 573.jpg
      573.jpg
      File size:
      505.8 KB
      Views:
    • 572.jpg
      572.jpg
      File size:
      527.1 KB
      Views:
    • 584.jpg
      584.jpg
      File size:
      513 KB
      Views:
    • 585.jpg
      585.jpg
      File size:
      538.7 KB
      Views:
  16. Lot's of work to do, but I do agree with the Flattie. Sorry, I'm "oldskool" as they say.

kiwijeff likes this.
  17. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Trying to stay under 1600lbs. The weight was a killer. Shooting for 130mph & 30mpg from the same car. Just a goal I set for the build.
    Did love how it looked mmmmm
    Will look good in wifes 29 Coupe!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  18. RichG

RichG

The flattie would be cool, but for a daily... that 2.3 will get the thing driven more often I think, and that's the important thing.

19. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

That's nice! Thank you for sharing!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  20. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Thought I would take a minute to try to get caught up a little. Forgot to take pics of the rear end after we got it put together. We used a model spring set on 35 rearend with a winters QC. Removed the 35 bones and re-triangulated it with late 40's dropped front bones. Gusseted in and tied back together with a model a ball. Just plated in the transition where we stacked the frame. Should help keep twist out of the frame and be handy when we put in the floor

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  21. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Looking very nice so far. Subscribed. I sometimes wish I had done my '27 as a modified but I will have to stick with it now I am part way through the build.

David

22. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Getting the pedals built
    We didn't have a 3/4" bit so torched a hole and made it round. Filed to fit and tacked it. Trued it and welded it. This will be the clutch. Added our bronze bushings from the local hardware store. Built the brake pedal, and a couple tubes to hang it. Then check the fit .

Attached Files:

23. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Stayed in the shop pretty late last night We really wanted to get the masters hung. Made all the mounting plates in our high dollar machine shop. That old drill is the ONLY thing in my garage that says "Speedway"
    Have I ever mentioned how much I hate Speedway. Sorry!
    Got all the plates fitted and tacked into [lace. Used a thin washer to space the master cylinder mount for clearance when we powder coat.
    Nothing like building it tight and digging up the powder coat trying to get it to fit again.
    Set the body back on. Looks like we hit right on target. It'll be nice to be able to walk up, flip open the gas flap and check/add fluid for the brakes/clutch. Those "Tilton" master cylinders worked out absolutely perfect

24. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Not sure what happened to the pics. Oh well here goes

Attached Files:

25. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

That's it I'm going back to my garage where life is wonderful all the time.
    sorry guys!

Attached Files:

26. 55willys

55willys

Hey get on the ball and post some pics! I know you been working on it

27. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Tried to earlier! Computer spazed out. Spent more time then I wanted and wasted it GRRR
    Rather build then sit here typing. Got my second outer floor panel cut and mounted. pedals are mounted.
    "The pedals were hung on their frame with care,
    in hopes that the brakes would soon be there."
    Takin another shot here. Headin for the other computer see if itll work

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, this is Hot Rodding at it's best!! No screwing around, just build!!
    Way to go!!

Doc.

29. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Well heres a couple shots of cutting out and punching the passenger side. Tried twice to get the fitted shot to load. Note the 70+ yo hole punch.

Attached Files:

30. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

OK think I did it>

Attached Files: