Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '26-27 T pedals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HemiTCoupe, Jan 9, 2017.

1. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

I would like to see pictures of what '26-27 T owners have for pedals.
    I am deciding if I have enough room for my feet, and a clutch pedal. I have a coupe, but I don't see where it matters between them.

I was going to go with a 4spd, but have a bad knee, and decided to go auto. But I am now wanting a 4 spd again, even though there will be times it will hurt to drive it. I have the pedals from a F1 to use, I can go either way with them, or get a different type to use.

Thanks, Pat

patmanta likes this.
  2. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I'm starting a T project and am interested in pedal set-ups also. So far I don't have any pedals at all and need to start scrounging around for a set

Bobby

3. I made the pedals in mine. I just looked and I don't have a good picture of them. It's a stick shift car. I do have to plan what shoes I wear when I drive it. I can drive it with my work boots, but it's more comfortable with slip on Vans. My shoe size is 7.5 or sometimes an 8. Not much room in the "T's". I'll try to remember to take some pictures in the next few days. Here's the best I can do for now.

Orangeinterior013_zps813da211.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I mostly just make my own set ups. Depending on auto or standard/clutch an ware the steering column will works with box too out. Here is one I did with clutch link being a pull rod from fork. smallBrakepedalPic.jpg

vtx1800 likes this.

5. krgdowdall

krgdowdall
    from Alberta

IMG_20170110_103026[2117].jpg IMG_20170110_103145[2119].jpg I too had planned on using the F1 clutch / brake set but found them long for my application. The pedal pads were too far forward and at a bad angle, possibly due to the seat height being lower than F1 truck. I built a set that positions them close to the original "T" location. I have a tilt column, so it is fairly large in diameter, and things are close. An early,smaller column, would provide more clearance. I have used a GM 5 speed and the shifter is well forward and make things snug on the feet, but not much less than a modern compact car. I don't plan on driving with boots on.
    The whole assembly is bolted in, so if changes are necessary it can be removed easily and modified. I used a hydraulic clutch but a mechanical linkage could be used.
    The pedal pads are from an F1 and are approx 1/2 in. smaller in diameter, than the pads for a Ford car, gaining a bit extra room.
    IMG_20170110_103026[2117].jpg IMG_20170110_103145[2119].jpg

6. oj

oj

Here's mine under construction. I'll probably use Model A oval bumper clamps or nuts, whatever that oval DSC07795.JPG piece is called that tyes the upper & lower bumper springs together.

7. Blake 27

Blake 27

DSC00636.JPG DSC00942.jpg My friends 27 with a Model T Shop chassis.

8. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I use 35-38 Ford pedals, they are cheap and easy to find. A pull-rod to a rocker arm actuates the brakes, and the master cylinder is mounted under the seat. Using an early Ford through shaft for the throw-out bearing, the original clutch arm works, for other applications I build a new arm. IMG_0368.JPG P1010044.JPG

9. I'm using firewall hung pedals in my 27 for packaging reasons and also because I don't like pedals that come through the floor. Brake pedal is not fitted at the moment because I'm sorting out my cable clutch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

Thanks for the pictures. I have been busy, and unable to have answered sooner. They have given me idea's, on what to look at what to do, or make. I had '52 F-1 with the pedals through the floor. I have the feeling when I push the clutch in, like I'm stomping on it. I have no idea what it would be like to run through the gears quickly, I mean really get on it with them. I would like to use swing pedals, But I Don't want the master cylinder on the firewall either, specially with possibly a power booster.

More pictures, or idea's if you have either, would be appreciated.

Thanks, Pat

11. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you should have more room than this...........the body is channeled 3 inches and the engine is about 4 inches higher than normal moving the trans tunnel up a bunch
    [​IMG]

12. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

Thank you all, you have given me things to think about, and idea's on what to do. I still am not sure if I'm going to use a auto, or a stick.

Thanks, Pat

13. You might consider hanging pedals with a 90* brake pedal.
    This wild leave lots of room for feet. And nothing through firewall.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Think about how badly you need a power booster in a T. Some 'second figgerin' is due there...

15. HemiTCoupe

HemiTCoupe
    from TN.

I'm not sure if I do need a booster, I wasn't going start out with one. But If I did decide to add one, I would have plan to add it, and not have to redo everything. I don't really want to add something I don't need. Others would have to tell me their thoughts whether I need to have it, or not from the start.

I have thought of the 90* master cyl. But I figured it would be a lot of bracing, to add under the dash for everything.

Thanks, Pat

16. evintho

evintho

Here's a firewall option. Mid 70's GM hanging pedals. Camaro/El Camino/Firebird/etc. They fit well. A booster probably wouldn't be an option though. I'm using a '63 Chevy pickup master. I have drum brakes all around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. I have 4 wheel disk brakes and no booster. I wouldn't use a booster. Not much space in these cars so only use what is needed.