Register now to get rid of these ads!

26-27 Model T Dimensions and profile photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Punk_from_palmy, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Punk_from_palmy

Punk_from_palmy

Okay, heres my goal, enough info to make buck patterns to then fab a body out of fibreglass or sheet steel.
    Only problem is finding enough info to do so, and because of where i now live, it's more than a little difficult to find some rods to measure up.
    Even more difficult since they seem pretty damn rare in this country to start with.
    What I need, are good photos, and a series of measurements.
    Things like, the cowl, fire wall (front and side), dimensions of the rear section of the cowling and sides (as in the inside).
    Measurements should be taken from form example, the bottom, the middle (near the seams), the center up, the bottom edge up.
    Umm, the roof width at front, middle and rear, pilar lengths, roof length front to back.
    Some degree measurements would be nice too, but maybe not all important.
    Hmm, pilar to pilar measurements..
    Below are pics I've found so far, can't remember the sources though.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Punk_from_palmy

Punk_from_palmy

Nobody?
    How about some top down and bottom up photos of body off chassis?

3. This question comes up from time to time- looks like you have everything that's been found so far. There are lots of folks who would like more info as well, so please post if you find more!

Thanks, Bill

4. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I'd shoot my touring body for you if it wasn't buried under a pile of crap in my garage.

5. Punk_from_palmy

Punk_from_palmy

Heres some other stuff I've collected. But I just can not find what i need for a 26 T coupe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Punk_from_palmy

Punk_from_palmy

Boyd, that T-bucket in your collection, the '95 shots, it looks scary similar to the one a dude i used to live with has. Right down to same colour, I swear it's the same colour! That paint is glittery right?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  7. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Pfp...the paint was a 1993 Ford colour called Iris. It was fairly metallic. Got any pics of your friend's car?

8. Punk_from_palmy

Punk_from_palmy

Not sure, I know I took some pics of the workshop at some stage, he had a charger he was using as parts for a genuine mostly numbers matching Superbird.
    And a few others. I'll try and dig them up later on.
    Just working on a few chassis designs and trying to suss out a scale grid overlay for some photos so I can try get a half decent set of measurements.
    I'll share everything I can, knowledge should be free as the wind and just as easy to find.

Oh and if you can get some good shots of the touring body some day with a good measurement to work off, would be golden. Good rod for the family to cruise in.
    Speaking of which, there was one where I used to live, in the 'naki (which hosts "Americarna", which is also going to be filmed this year and aired in the states), well the example I saw was a daily driver, in original 'found' state, complete with cobwebs, dents and surface rust. The bloke used to pick up his kids from school with it :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010