Register now to get rid of these ads!

25 dodge update and ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaxx, May 14, 2008.

1. jaxx

jaxx

thank to all the supportive input with my project - now I have a question concering cowl stearing and bump stear- will a shorter or longer control arm on the early mopar stearing box ( used as a cowl stearing box ) reduce or eliminate any bump stear problems? - or is this even a factor with cowl stearing ? - lastly I need to lengthen the box to arm rod on the 59 ford pick up straight axel I'm using and was questioning if this control arm needs to be adjustable? If I get my length correct I dont see why it would have to be but any input before I take this step would be great

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Minimum bump steer will be when the drag link parallels the bones. Even better if they're the same length.

3. Will you be forming your own body skin panels?

4. jaxx

jaxx

yes I plan to use hobby cloth wire and form around the skeliton - then fibeglass - I still have some door Xs and support bars for my butt to set on as I get in - no hinged doors on this 1 - pick up bed will be all metal though - I'm making my own grill shell and grill also ( with Hidaway Headlights) - just started my own radius rod and finished my shifter and shifter knob ( a little solid brass piston)- pics are coming soon - next is my own stearing wheel the shape of the mopar pentagram and taillight cans the same shape - jaxx