Register now to get rid of these ads!

241 Red Ram didn't quite fit Plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uglyoldcrow, Mar 30, 2013.

1. uglyoldcrow

uglyoldcrow

We put the motor as far back as we could without cutting the Firewall. I thought for sure The front clip would fit. Not quite! I had to notch the fenders and inner fenders in about an inch. Next I'm hoping by bumping out the hood sides that I can get them to close. I had the front clip on and I'm happy the way everything fits. Jim

Attached Files:

2. Well I am probably not seeing something but from the oics it looks to me like you could have gainned another inch or two by making a little cover fot the distributer, but you still probably would have had to blister the hood.

Blistering the hood is a pretty common practice when installing a hemi in a 30s car. I'll bet you can get it cloed with a couple of very sightly, and traditional hood blisters. Looks pretty damned good to me.

3. Mike Moreau

Mike Moreau

It is a tossup. Blisters or just "cuts" to clear the valve covers are both really cool. There was a guy in the 'hood (early 1960's) that had a 36 Ford coupe with the edges of the valve covers on his hemi peaking out. Subtle, but quite a statement.

4. ezdusit

ezdusit

I'm going through the same issue right now on a 1932 PB roadster and a 241. We're doing blisters, trying to figure out the best way to rework the hood latching mechanism to clear the rocker arm covers.
    [​IMG]