Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects '24 T Roadster build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Anderson, Aug 21, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, That dash is awsome!!!

2. I dig it. Is your steering column splined, or early Ford keyway? Reason I'm asking is because I'd like to put a later 50's splined wheel on my 40 column. I just wondered if you did to adapt it if it needed it.

3. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

GREAT Build like the Olds Cap on the wall you are making it happen!!

4. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Congrats on membership!, I saw the plaque, but didn't know what it was about, sorry word doesn't travel fast in this part of the country! ;)

5. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I remember while visiting an uncle in Dallas in the '50s he took us to Caddo Mills drags one evening. I was about ten. Some were running rail jobs and I mean cars with the bodies taken off.
    Been watching your build and like all your doing.

6. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Congratulations!!! Now get that T roadster going...

7. oj

oj

I have similar tube for my ross box in my '26 and i have yet to figure a good way to do the floor and still be able to take the body on and off, how are you going to do it?
    I am almost ready to weld the tube to the body, cut it loose from the frame and add plates to the bottom of the tube and top of frame so that it bolts in and the whole mess comes out with the body.
    Mine is slightly different as my firewall isn't as flat and the tube sits back a little from the firewall.
    Do you understand? i am not good at explaining etc.
    thanks oj

8. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

This is a great thread, and you are doing everything I have to do on my T on 32 rail car before me. Thanks for all the tips! Hope you get to the door before I do ....

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

Sweet car!

I just love build threads.

Rich

10. surfgeezer

surfgeezer

The original photo was taken at Keith's shop when it was in Santa Rosa. It was being built as a car to flip. At the time Keith told me he was trying to build at least one car a year as a for sale project. I was interested in purchasing the car but found a 50's built A roadster that was a runner. I often wondered if the car was finished or sold. Following this thread...a cool build.

11. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Can be nice,your sure headed that way,great build.
    Lots fun yet to have.
    Rust is out running ya some,only good part about rust is ya can get a buddy or two the help clean some,but a bit too far for me help,I have over the years pitched in on a number of my buddys cars.

12. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Been subscribed to this thread for a while but have not looked in recently. Its going to be a great car. I was tempted to build something similar but settled on a '27 on my deuce frame instead. Can't wait to see this done.

David

13. bonesy

bonesy

Very cool looking little car.

14. seatex

seatex

Super Bitchin'!

15. silent rick

silent rick

i've been watching this build. it's going to be a cool, fun little ride when it's done

16. Great looking car which I have admired for a long time. Theres a lot of things you have done which I have been thinking about for my '25 T Tub running a Model A engine.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

17. stretch58

stretch58

this is great all around!!! great work and keep it going. cant wait to see it done

18. Nice work Anderson!!! Just read the whole thread!!! Now I'm heading over to get started on my 27 roadster that's been sitting for the last 8 months!!! Re-inspired!! Thank you!!!

19. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is one of those (many) threads that I subscribe to because it looks so cool, but, for some reason, I don't like to chime in until I've caught up to the end . . . which can take a long time.

I'm chiming in . . . Love it! . . . even though I haven't yet caught up.

(Figured I'd jump in since you're about to get more HAMB-famous) :)

20. Damn this build is cool!!!
    Did you change direction with the grillshell...or just trying out ideas!?
    / primerkid

21. Elrod

Elrod

??? :)

Attached Files:

22. KKrod

KKrod

Great looking build Eric. I will have to come over and see it. Let me know if there are any parts you are looking for. I like the t grille best and nickel plated. Thats my 2 cents.
    Karl

23. Looking at this pic, with the early spindles and later kingpins, it doesnt look like there is any type of bearing? Is that how its going to be? How well does it work without one if thats how it is?

Attached Files:

24. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The early spindles had cup-top king pins. The bearing went under the kingpin top above the axle.
    The early Ford spindle to axle rule...always use the kingpins that match the spindle as all axle ends are the same. The gets all necessary hardware like bearings in their proper place.

25. I know that, thats why I used the terms "early spindles" and "later kingpins". I was asking what hes going to do. Change to different kingpins? Thin roller bearing?

26. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

27. Great work and a very cool car too -
    rg

28. Voh

Voh

What's the steering wheel? Really like it!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. Looks great man!

30. Perfect. If you hadn't explained how you mounted the headlight bar threaded into the shock, that would've been a head scratcher for me!