Register now to get rid of these ads!

24 Hours of LeMons.........GMB's have gotta see this event this weekend!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Sep 26, 2007.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The HAMB's own Ebert, along with Josh Russell from the Chrome Czars and a couple of their buddies are coming to the Flat Rock Speedway this weekend for a straight 24 hour race called The 24 Hours of LeMons
    http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/detroit/

After checking out the website, it looks like it's going to be a blast.......and whoever wrote the copy for the site is a hoot. Even if you have no plans on attending, check out the Price & Rules section.
    http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/rules/

The boys have entered their "Hot Rod Lincoln". Can't wait to see this beast.

Anyone in the area interested in getting together Saturday nite for an evening of "Downriver" excitment??:D

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Kevin is going too. He and Rocco did the cage and the firewalls in the HOt Rod Lincoln! I would be going too, but I am playing rockstar this weekend. :D

3. 24 Hours of Lemons? you could make a Hell of a lot of lemonade...

4. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

That looks like a wicked laugh :D

Wish we could get away with stuff like that over here :(

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

That just makes it offical then....I'M GOING!

Bummer though that you HAVE to play rockstar and be mauled by all those ladies.;)

6. Ebert

Ebert

Thanks, Denise. This WILL be a riot!!! We have more wrapped up in our rental motorhome that we have in the Hot Rod Lincoln!!! Yep, Kevin is joining us, too. Would love to see you there as our Official Crew Chief!!! Have sawzall...will travel!!! Yee Haw!!!

7. pitman

pitman

A story was posted this morning on the LeMons, in the Boston Globe. The writer was in rare form, a grand autowriter w/a comic outlook.

8. Mr.Dean

Mr.Dean

I have raced in the 24 hour lemons twice and it was the funnest thing I have ever done in a car with my pants on.

9. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

I worked at Altamont Motorsports Park the last two years it was open and we held several 24 Hours of LeMons races. AMP is where the whole deal started and I have to say they are a frickin' BLAST. If I wasn't working during the event you can bet I would have been racing! If you ever have the chance to race at one of these things DO IT!