Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 235 Header Questions

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Vincent Garcia, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Vincent Garcia

Vincent Garcia

I got a 55 Chevy truck second series with a 235. Im looking at getting a pair of split headers and dual intake. Of course, I'm looking at Fenton and Offenhauser for these parts but Fenton does have a more attractive price so I'm leaning towards them. Although I see a lot of split headers on eBay for like $80 which is 3 times cheaper then Fenton. I was wondering if anyone on here has opted for the cheapest route and want to know your opinion. I'm new to this site so hope Im posting in the right thread.

2. The Fenton headers are a nice fit and sound, quality part.
    There used to be, not sure if made anymore, the speedway knock offs called “ Williams” look like Fenton’s just slightly different and a bit cheaper

Some of the cheap tube style headers you can get might have fit and quality issues. I’m not sure on this but price is indicative of quality in most cases. I know I have been burned in the past with cheap headers for a small block.

Or keep your eyes open for some old originals
    I just sold a set of original Fenton’s with built in heat riser for decent money
    And a set of Hollywood’s and a corvette manifold for a bit more
    They are still out there !

3. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

"Ya get what ya pay for". (If you're lucky) Maybe they are a good value but that's probably not the way to bet.

4. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

The Williams Headers on my '49 fit great, not leaks, fair price.
    I also opted for the Fenton Dual Intake, and Langdon's Dual Carter 2-Barrel Carbs.
    (BTW - it's a 1956 235).

IMG_1145.JPG IMG_0571.JPG

270ci likes this.

5. belair

belair

Pay once or pay twice. Good ain't cheap, cheap ain't good.

i.rant likes this.
  6. cederholm

cederholm

Love my Fentons (with Offy intake) Sounds great - runs great!

IMG_1291.JPG

270ci likes this.
  7. The only guy I know who used the style you are referring to had to replace the collector flange on both headers by the end of the first summer.

The Fenton are the way to go. They are what I run on my 261.

8. Vincent Garcia

Vincent Garcia

Thanks, everyone for the responses. I'm definitely going to order the Fenton headers. Basically heard what I wanted and see that everyone basically runs the fentons makes feel better. Thanks for all the help, Im only 21 so I got a lot to learn and too many projects that I was trying to cut corners but I know that's not the way to go. Thanks again.

9. Vincent Garcia

Vincent Garcia

Also, both you guys that posted pics have really nice setups. Trying to get mine to look that clean.

Truck64 likes this.
  10. Vincent Garcia

Vincent Garcia

67L36Driver likes this.
  11. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

View attachment 4732419 0403201312a_HDR (1).jpg Kind of an old 0403201312.jpg thread but. I bought the $80 S.S. headers to run my engine in after building. three years and 10 races later they are still on the car. The fit and finish was really good and super thick flanges. I was surprised

Old-Soul and Shadow Creek like this.