Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 235 Chevy Dual Carb Offenhauser Carb Linkage ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dyno Dave, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Recently brought a vintage Chevy 216 Nicson dual carb intake that I'm fitting with Carter W1's, Red fuel lines and polished brass, etc. In the February 1952 issue of HOT ROD there's a Nicson Chevy dual carb intake ad showing the carb linkage, which looks to be very similar to an Offenhauser linkage. Trying to come up with an Offy Part # for 235 carb linkage, or even purchase the one you have laying on that back upper shelf with all the dust on it...
    I tried on line and eBay, all that comes up is complete Offy manifold packages...
    Really appreciate any information to help find this part... Thanks, Dyno Dave

2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Cannot help with that linkage. I am running 2 weber two barrel carbs on a Clifford intake on my 235 and it all came together. However from what I have heard I would tell you to beware of that red semi clear fuel line. Seems to be problematic causing fires. Jimmie

3. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

It's not a hard item to build. Piece of 1/4'' round rod & 3 chunks of flat stock with a couple holes drilled into them, then 3 welds.

4. lowrd

lowrd

Dave, I have the linkage rod and bell crank if you need it. Send a message with an address, I'll mail it to you.

5. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Great Offer... Thank you, but it's being done into "Eye Candy" and hopefully sent down the road. The monies will go into my '54 Bel Air 2dr.post. Again, Thank You Dyno Dave

6. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Thanks for comment, I don't use the type of line you mentioned, rather Helix 200lb. test, Red Fuel Injection Hose, Again Thanks, Dyno Dave

7. carbking

carbking

Dave - just in the for what its worth category; those red semi-clear fuel lines just scream rat-rod, even if they are safe as you stated.

Perception is often more important than truth.

You say the unit is going to be for sale. If I were a retail buyer for the set-up (I'm not), and walked by the unit sitting on your trailer at a swap meet; my first thought is "oh my, plastic fuel lines, what else is wrong with it", and I would just keep walking.

Really easy to bend metal lines, and remove any doubt.

Jon.

8. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Jon, thanks for your impute. I just do vintage 216/235 intakes, this Nicson was factory painted in red. I've chosen a bright shade of red, so the use of the colored lines really does heighten the visuals... This is a small niche market for 235 stuff and am pleased to say they haven't been going to rat rod owners... Got the chromed Offy linkage that I was after from Offenhauser's vendor White Owl Speed Equiptment. thanks, Dyno Dave

9. Dyno Dave

Dyno Dave

Wanted to say thank you, appreciated the feedback. Called Offerhauser direct, and the lady directed me to their vendor. Was able order the chromed 216/235 Chevy linkage that I was after from White Owl Speed Equiptment, should be on its way... Again thanks, Dyno Dave