Register now to get rid of these ads!

235 carb swap: Rochester to.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Indychus, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

I'm running a 235 Chevy with fenton intake, dual carbs, HEI, split headers, etc. Internally, it is freshly rebuilt, but stock. This is a powerglide car.

Currently I have a pair of rebuilt rochesters on it. They were running very lean, but I have fattened them up and fiddled with them for months. They constantly leak fuel and cause the engine to stumble and pop with hard acceleration from a dead start. They also foul plugs very regularly. Once cruising, they run great.

I want to swap out the carbs for Carter YF's or possibly some kind of Weber. What carbs are recommended for a dual setup on a mostly stock 235?

2. The YF is a common swap, if you can find the Chevy ones. Less prone to leaking and should even improve milage some.

3. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

4. carbking

carbking

5. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

Thanks, that's a great link! I used a unisyn to sync the rochestors, but my method was a little different than the one in the link.

Right now I am leaning towards the Carter/Weber 2bbls from Langdon.

I am not running manifold heat right now either, so hopefully once I get that plumbed up in will help some as well.