Register now to get rid of these ads!

'23/4 body on duece frame- any photos?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mindover, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

I have a set of '32 rails and the ability to build a '23 T roadster body, anyone got any photos of this combination? particularly early stuff.

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

An easy example to find pictures (and a good model) of...Roth's Teedy Pie. Don't remember builders name. Frame is of course cut in every possible direction to get it under this body...I think the 23 type body would probably fall through the middle of a stock '32 Frame.

3. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

4. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thanks Bruce thats kinda what I have in mind a bit less stumpy but with the flathead like the early version.

h.i. So did I.

I am no artist but this is sort of what I have in mind. or do you think it is a bad idea?

[​IMG]

5. I like the drawing, but i wouldn't consider that to be 32 rails. The main distinguishing feature of a 32 rail is the reveal that follows the fender line and with all those holes you don't seem to have that. Just an observation

6. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Here's one that is on hold for now. Narrowed 29 cowl, 32 rails. Have a chromed '34 dropped axle all ready, and a Frankland quickchange for it also.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  7. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

I think the Isky t is also. Visually the challenge is the rails look super fat under that little body. I think it's a great idea if you can resolve that, but judging by your previous work, it should be no problem at all for you!

8. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

The Isky T is on a modified Essex frame.

9. Ryan posted a sneak peek of this a few years back no other info sorry!

[​IMG]

10. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

I wasn't sure, sorry. The only ones I can find have belly pans or they are on A frames. Maybe PM Jimmy B, he has a ton of lakes T pics and info.

11. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

oops, too late
    haha

12. McFly

McFly

This is the first one that came to mind...also look up nimrod, he had a cool little RPU on 32 rails that fit your receipe.

13. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Thats just my poor drawing, my rails have the reveal. The lightening holes are a possibility but not set in stone at this point in time (or steel). Modifying the chassis to fit the body or the body to fit the chassis is not a problem.

Its going to be powered by an 8BA engine, gonna have a bango rear, beam front. I have not decided on steel or wire wheels at this stage either.

14. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Looks likeit grew there to me. I was planning on a tub with no turtle deck perhaps a slab tank or the round style as per the drawing- after seeing this I am not so sure.

Thanks for the photos.

15. daddio211

daddio211

Isn't the whole purpose of running deuce rails just because they're SEXY? Cuttin' some big holes in 'em would make them look more like a red-headed-step-sister than a supermodel!

16. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Cheers for the info h.i. I appreciate all input.

17. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

hugh m you have the makings of a nice car there.

18. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Holes can be sexy :D

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  19. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Heres one I made earlier!
    [​IMG]

I built this (body and chassis) for a friend of mine many years ago. I had never seen an original 23 at that time this body was copied from a Jago 'glass body. Its on my youtube footage too. I now have a buck and patterns made from an original body.

20. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

21. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

I have the mate to it.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

Attached Files:

• 23.jpg
      23.jpg
      File size:
      249.6 KB
      Views:
  22. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

An interesting thing about the Tweedy Pie setup was that the body was channeled about 1/2 of the frame depth. This got it lower without pushing the driver right out of the tiny cockpit and reduced the visual weight of the exposed frame in relation to body mass.
    The kit, by the way, is quite nice and might be useful as a mockup tool if you are used to styrene cut and paste.

23. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Any more? I could build a '27 body perhaps, I have patterns and a buck for that model two. Its just that its a lot more work.