Register now to get rid of these ads!

225 slant six

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 63wickedduce, Jul 9, 2012.

1. 63wickedduce

63wickedduce
    from atwater mn

Hi everybody my sister has a 1966 Baracuda. She put a rod through the side of her block on the fourth of july. Her boyfriend said he would help her pay for a new motor but he wants to use a new or remanufactured slant six. Does any one know where I can find one for her it has to have a warranty, not something off Craigslist.
    Thanks Brian.

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

3. Try Jasper Remanufactured Engines, or try NAPA.

4. TexasDart

TexasDart

Try FABO.com...they are always getting rid of /6s on that site.

5. You have to be careful. 1966 has a diffrent crank then 67 and later. Where the torque converter goes. 1962 to 1966 is good then 1967 to later is the same.
    While his concern for the motorOs warrranty is noble it may not be practical. Of course any machine shop could rebuild another core and would stand behind it for 30 days anyway. generraly any engine that survives the first week will survive.
    Dod a 66 /6 for my wfe in the seventies. She drove it everyday when the snow was gone and took some wins at the local Drags as well.
    Don

6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Check ebay, I just bought one not too long ago for $50. Granted it wasn't new but it only had 34k on it(the guy still had the car he pulled it from).

7. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Have you tried your local Dodge or Chrysler dealer? I know it's a very old car but they did build a lot of slant sixes and may still offer a rebuilt engine for them.

It's bound to be expensive but it will be top quality, factory rebuilt and guaranteed.

8. 63wickedduce

63wickedduce
    from atwater mn

thanks for the help