Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Electroline Diaries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yep, good guys, good book.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

got mine yesterday! cant wait to read it!!!very very well done!

4. 53chevy

53chevy

Not much to read in the way of words, except the Forword by some guy and an intro by the author. It's more of a Pictorial Diary of events, I guess. They are in my mind, a Car Club with the Right intentions, passion, and friendship. It's a great book and haven't put it down since getting it at the Primer Nats, Hell I have it here at work!

Ken

5. 53chevy

53chevy

Oh, there are one liners and quotes. One thing though. the page with a photo of each car. Would have been cool it it was a cut-out, like post cards. That's it.

Ken

6. I have talked to a couple members in person and via the internet. They are genuine, down to earth guys with bitchin cars and taste. All very nice and willing to help. I needed some help on a Spalding distributor that I had, and Deron made and sent me a copy of instructions that he had, all bound in a book that he made for me. I have never met him in person, and he did it without me even asking. I still owe him a beer for that;) He, as well as the other choppers, are great people in my eyes.
    There book is also excellent, and one of my favorites!

7. Brewton

Brewton

Cool book, cool cars, cool club!

8. Mike

Mike

Bitchin' book. Great bunch of guys with some of the tastiest machines on the planet.

9. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Anyone have pics of that shoebox? Looks neat.

10. kustomkat

kustomkat

Great guys, awesome cars, and a well written book. They capture what a traditional kustom and hotrod really is.

11. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Here are some of Weez's box
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. munster

munster
    from burbank

cool guys, cool cars, cool book!

13. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I could study their cars for hours. Amazing work. :cool: (seems like I just saw a write-up about the Electroline Diaries in Rod & Custom, also?)

It's Weesner's shoebox - I did some searching on here and through Google - pics of it sure aren't easy to find! Kinda surprising....

Malcolm

edit - looks like Dreadman has some pics - thanks!

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Those guys are gay, have bad taste in cars and that book sucks! :D

Nice to see you guys up north this year!

15. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Ryan,
    Very well said:)
    I too, met them in that order ...well almost, it was Deron before Verne at B.P. and of course Weezner previously from various car shows up in Norcal. I also have to agree that these fellas are very likeable in a way that they are just as cool as their cars are! It's one thing to respect someone and hold them in high regard for who they are or what they do, but to meet that same person and they are so down to earth is something that makes them even more awesome to know as a friend. The Choppers do what they do very well and it's very much appreciated on this end... oh by the way, the book rocks, you don't want to miss out on this sweet piece of hotroddin history. Great story, great photos, great people!

Peace,
    CAB

16. KIRK!

KIRK!

OK then, how about a HAMB auction for a copy of the book. I have an extra. I got a soft and a hard back. I'll auction the soft cover...

17. Ordered mine from their web site after it was posted here a couple of weeks ago. Very cool book. One of the reasons I dig traditional hot rods. Cool people!

18. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

The Choppers are my heros.

19. I lucked on to meeting these guys at a California Hot Rod Reunion when I needed a ride back to Squeaks place. I saw Deron's car Keith's and Verne's and Sandys. Deron said sure, we are going back there so I jumped in his coupe.
    Open headers and all - it had EVERYTHING!
    We get out on the road and I realise we have no lights
    "Oh yeah, the generator packed up on the way here!", says Deron.
    We get to a railway crossing and the arm is coming down, lightsflashing etc and Deron hoofs it! I think phew we just made it and then beside us is Keith's roadster as it also just sneaks through.
    On the freeway we were running flat out an it was clearly evident that these guys realy enjoyed their cars, Keith whistled by in his A-V8 but i will never forget Lance Solidays Hemi coupe on open pipes as it raced by us - it was all just too plain cool for words!
    Then a highway patrol officer pulls up beside us, I am thinking we are screwed - no lights, open headers, racing etc
    He gave the thumbs up and cruised by...
    ...thank you guys, it was good to see exactly what trad hot rods (not rat rods) is all about.
    The new book is awesome and the fun with cars and the culture surrounding it is too cool!

20. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Man thats a real out there looking Ford. I like most of it, that chop sure is different.

21. duffman

duffman

Haven't had the pleasure of meeting any of the guys, but have adired the cars for a while. I ordered the Hardcover when it was offered for preorder here on the HAMB. Got a confirmation email, and a product shipped email, which we all know you can't count on from a lot of vendors. I was equally surprised at the attention to detail in the packaging of the book, I think the postman could have ran it over with a tank and it would have survived, it was packed so well. Its no wonder the cars are so spot on.

22. I'll second the awesome packaging of the hardcover books (all sold out, by the way). I've bought 20 so far and another 10 to come. I think Deron was planning on them being dropped from a plane into Australia!

But that's besides the point. Deron's a top bloke.

First time I met Keith he was standing in my kitchen....I thought "geez, he doesn't say much". Get a few beers into him though and that all changes! Glad to have played host for a couple of days while he came out for his first Australian show.

I wish the club all the best.

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

This group of guys is what defines traditional here and everywhere they are. I have a signed copy in my collection and I thank them all very much.

24. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Ryan, the word is bromance, nope I didn't make it up, and I'm kidding.
    The book is solid as are the Choppers.

25. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I don't have this book yet, but will soon. I met Weezy through a mutual friend and all I have to say is Weezy is a class act fellow. Talented to boot!

26. BanjoBoy

BanjoBoy

Never been around to many Car Clubs as I am a loner for the most part when it comes to this disease. However, every time I have seen these guys at the Local Car Shows/Events, it makes me wish I had friends that were into this thing as Much as I am.

Sounds gay to some, but in all honesty, there cant be anything better in this hobby, than to have TRUE HOT ROD FRIENDS to share and Live this Lifestyle out who will help and be there for Inspiration/Motivation and the like.

These guys Inspire and Motivate me even if I dont wear the Club Jacket.

27. skratch

skratch

the choppers are cool ..

cool cars .

punk rock ?

28. littlechris

littlechris
    from MILWAUKEE

That book is awesome. It exhibits the fact that there is still a REAL custom scene alive and kicking. I read it cover to cover on the ride home from the pileup with Keith next to me. I felt like his annoying 10 year old brother... WHATS THIS?! WHATS THIS?! And then we went to the arcade!

29. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Kieth Weesener signed my 52 chebby glovebox at the hunnert car pile up. It was my hilite of the year! He is like me,, REAL shy & reserved,,,But WEEZ,,,if you read this,,,,,as an artist myself,,,THAT SIGNATURE MEANS THE WORLD to ME! someday I'll be showing my art side-by-side with YOURS,,,THANK_U!!!!!!!!

30. Yes, it is a cool book about a cool bunch of car-guys.

Hey Laurent; How about a book on the 'Beatniks of Koolsville' for a next project?

Maybe this time you can throw some more (Beatniks-) art into the mix and less posed/staged photography? You know, make some sort of cross-over between an art book and a photography book; Just something I would love to see.