Register now to get rid of these ads!

2200 Drag racing club day

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Oct 12, 2015.

1. spanners

spanners

G'day all. Just a quick report on a club day held at Sydney Dragway on Friday 9th October. Yes, it was on a Friday because it was the only day the track was available and even better, it was a day off work. This was organized by a local drag racing club to allow members to enjoy a day without large numbers of entrants. To keep the hire costs down it was eighth mile which was fine by me. Actually we had only 45 entrants so as a result I had done three runs within the first 20 minutes, and did 8 runs between 10a.m. and 12.30. I could of done more but didn't take a lot of fuel so decided to keep some for the afternoon session.
    The morning was taken up with 'qualifying' with the afternoon being Chicago Shootout. I didn't get into the final despite taking the first 2 runs against motorbikes. Yes, the bikes were allowed to run against the slower cars which added a difference to the usual.

Then I was caught napping on the line and couldn't make up the difference.

The next run was worse with a nice cherry light.
    All in, a really nice, low key day. 12 runs altogether and not at work, gotta be good.
    The icing on the cake was I ran the best times I've ever done. A best of 8.828 with a 60' of 1.8. It mightn't sound exciting to others but it was to me.

Black Knight Racing likes this.
  2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

12 runs in one day sounds like a lot of fun.

Black Knight Racing likes this.
  3. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I love the shade awnings over your stands. I have been trying for years to get our local strip to add sun shades to at least one section of stands. Many folks do not want to sit in the blazing sun to watch anything for a whole day.

4. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Sounds like the stacks may've contributed a tad. :cool:

12 runs in a day, must be nice to own a strip (even temporarily). :D

5. Old28

Old28

Flyer -- Those shades would have to be built real strong to make it through one of your off season winters.:(

Old 6 -- As you are aware in Southern Calif we would just be glad to have a drag strip that would be there for more than a few years to be able to hang shades on.:rolleyes::):D