Register now to get rid of these ads!

215 Buick/Rover Valve Cover Measurement Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59BuickWagon, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Anyone on here that can give me an accurate measurement for the four bolt holes for the 215 Buick / Rover valve covers?

I need the distances left to right for both sides and from side to side.

Also, I need the outside dimensions for the length and width of the valve cover gasket.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

2. RustyCoupe215

RustyCoupe215
    from Owings, MD

I'll send em to ya buy wends. I have a 215 down at my storage unit...lol. If your makin a new pair of Trucker's Finned Valve covers...you rule!

3. Thanks RustyCoupe.

I am and you're going to LOVE them!

Dennis

4. JSBriggs

JSBriggs
    from Auburn, CA

the two closest to the intake manifold, front to back are 8-1/8"
    the two closest to the exhaust manifold, front to back are 10"
    the diagonal is 4-1/16"

the ouside dimensions of the gasket recess are 18-5/8" x 4-15/16"

-Jeff

5. Vincent

Vincent
    from Sweden

Are you going to manufacture new valce covers för the 215"??In that case i could be intrested in a pair of covers.

6. Tore

Tore

I`M interestet aswell !
    I also need a 3 speed mannuell fore a 61 215. Annybody ?

7. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I could let you borrow a pair of valve covers to make what you need.

8. Thanks for the measurements JFBriggs.

Yep I'm planning on making ones that look just like these only they'll be polished. Don't have pricing yet but that will be available in a couple of weeks. Valve covers should be available the first of the year.

Dennis

Attached Files:

9. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Those look really nice Dennis...now how about adding some Nailhead valve covers to your list cause you know you just love Buicks!!! Please, please, please!!:D

10. Maybe some day, but for now all I have that's specific to the big brother nailhead is the valley cover, cast aluminum spark plug wire covers and the brackets to mount them on the 364/401/425 without any drilling. And now these valve covers for the baby (215) Buick/Rover.

Thanks for the nice words and your valley cover is packed up and will go out tomorrow. Enjoy your Alliance discount!

Dennis

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  11. Blownolds

Blownolds
    from So Cal

How about making some Olds 215 valve covers too? That's a GREAT-looking engine with its different 5-bolt valve covers.

12. lionsgarage

lionsgarage
    from Washington

Im interested in covers as well, I need some of the original 2bbl rochesters, (for tri-power project) Have some parts to trade.

13. KustomSkylark

KustomSkylark

dang, i guess i bought the offy ones too soon.

14. Snowbound

Snowbound

I dug this outta the dirt off a google search.....

Did this project ever hit the ground? I would be interested in a set for sure. Or some vintage Offy covers without the "script" in the top.

I'm sure you would sell a bunch of these if you market them right!

Thanks,
    Brian

15. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

call up O'Brien Truckers and ask them.

16. Well, just in case anyone else digs up this old post, at the time of the post I had already made the valve covers and just wanted to make sure I had the right dimensions for the hold down bolt holes before I drilled them.

As of now we've shipped dozens of these valve covers including many to England for use on Rovers. I also machined some for a center mounted oil breather for the guys with Apollo GT limited edition sports cars to use since they match what was originally offered on some of their cars.

Here's the ploished valve covers and a pic of the Apollo GT version:

Attached Files:

17. Where do you add oil with those on a 215?

They sure look nice, but I couldn't find them on the website.

18. For $50 extra we sell a pair with the hole in place and a special rubber grommet with baffle for a push in oil breather like the one pictured above. We did several pairs like that for the guys with the limited (65) edition Apollo sports car because that's what they had back in the day.

I have one pair in stock ready to ship.

Dennis