Register now to get rid of these ads!

215 Alum Buick/ rover engine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ago, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

How interchangeable is the British Land Rover engine with a 215 Buick? I can buy a cheap late model Land Rover engine from U-Pullit. I want a light motor for a Model A roadster.

Ago

2. Jim Stabe

Jim Stabe

3. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

The rover engine is better..and bigger and will use most of the buick intake stuff and cams...and exhaust and.. will bolt right in anything that the buick bolts into..and weighs what 350 pounds?..depending on the stuff you bolt onto it.
    I put one in an 2000 pound MGB for a guy, muncie and narrowed camaro axle with posi and 3.73 gears..holy crap that thing would light em up and get pushed out of shape big time. Idle it,ease off the clutch and stab the the gas and it would still come unglued and light em up. I am a believer.

4. Greg55_99

Greg55_99

5. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

The 3.5L Rover is the same displacement as the 215 GM versions.

There are several later generations, variations, and displacements of Rover engines.

Depending on the particular engine, there is either a little or a lot of interchange between the Rover and GM engines.

Rover engines have the same mounts and bellhousing pattern as the GM engines.