Register now to get rid of these ads!

21 stud flatty stroker?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnyeyeball, Oct 14, 2012.

1. I want to build a 21 stud stroker motor and I want to know if anyone has put a scat 4 1/8 or 4 1/4 crank in one. If so I want to know what pistons and rods work with this configuration

2. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

You need to figgerout whether your engine is '32-36 or '36-38...several varieties of each, 2 major classes of crankshafts.
    early 1.999 main bearing...has been done, massive cut opens oil passages, welding, redrilling, seriously skilled job.

late 2.398 mains...has been done by a lot of people, diameter and length of mains adjusted to fit, probably any suitably intelligent crankgrinder can do.
    If rod journals are left big, some assembly has to be done from below as big ends won't go through 221 bores. Throws can be cut to 221 standard either where they are or offset to stroke.
    Ol' Ron on the barn has done the second do knows details.

(PS. NEVER say I want to fix a flathead widget! Whatever that widget is, it was manufacured for 20 odd years and there are going to be a BUNCH of different versions with different this and that!) 21 studs had at the lowest count 3 different cranks, several versions of maybe 3 general families of blocks, etc., without even worrying about the oddball stuff!