Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2022 Detroit Move In Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Mar 3, 2022.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I threw up in my mouth a whole bunch.

flatheadpete likes this.
  2. I should have listened to the warning but had to look. That thing is hideous. :eek:

3. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Because of your post I decided to look up the winner...

Big lesson learned
    Thanks @guthriesmith , thanks a friggin lot. :eek::eek::eek:

4. I knew on Thursday night that was the winner…they seem to look for over the top…I always say “I will never downplay the work and talent that seems to go into those cars….but I will questions the taste of those writing the checks”….

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I question those who are doing the building of the car. Not the guy writing the checks. It`s like a full-blown low rider. The hours spent building the car are super crazy. Might not be your build style. But you have to appreciate the talent and the many hours that went into the build. And the talented people who could pull off a build to a high level such as this. I spent 17 hours in one day finishing a final detail on a Model A build that was in the show upstairs. The car was completed a few years prior and was sold to a new owner. I was involved in the earlier build also. Never saw a pic of the car in all the shots that had been posted. Not even in the background. Time was a major factor as the car needed to be delivered and working 2 hours away from my shop. And crappy weather besides. Counted 9 vehicles in the ditch that morning on the drive there. As I said, I question those who are doing the building of a car sometimes.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  6. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Controversy is a tradition in Ridler judging. I believe a few years back the GNRS added "appearance" to the judging. Got to assume there is no such requirement for the Ridler.

chryslerfan55 likes this.