Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2018 Jalopy Showdown moving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hd1084, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Lincoln is a very historic track...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Did you make reservation already? Or going to wait till we are closer to may.

scarylarry and lothiandon1940 like this.
  3. Reservations already made. I wouldn't wait too long.:)

4. I have my room booked and I know of at least three others that reserved one. I waited at another event a few years ago and got stuck in the Hotel from hell. Never again

5. Oh Yeah! Are you coming on down Robert?

6. Feel free to fan this info out to all of your associates. Let's make this the best Showdown yet. Thanks again to Larry and all of his crew who work extremely hard to make this event happen. And don't forget to visit and support the nearby Eastern Museum of Motor Racing.

7. ^X2

Another incentive.....Don is buying drinks for every one that stays at the Hotel with a pre 65 car . SHHHH, don't say anything he lost his reading glasses.

I'm kidding of course but a little party at the Hotel ain't a bad idea.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  8. Lepus

Lepus

No one has asked the important question yet. Will there still be mud? IMG_0752.JPG

Marcia, Bowtie Coupe, Dino 64 and 3 others like this.
  9. I doubt it but that can be a good thing. Two years ago it was so bad they had to close the track down and nobody got to run.

10. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

This is a professional dirt track.I dont think they will let or want it tore up

Bowtie Coupe and Dino 64 like this.
  11. I don't know yet, that is about the time work gets nuts, 50 plus hours a week May to Sept. I would like to come down I have not be since '02!

12. ...............................You are way overdue.:eek:

13. There are several motels available in Hanover PA. which is just a few miles away.

14. I have been at my job 12 years. It is very good place to work but very little free time in the summers. I was at a show in Mass. that I had not been to in years, and I had someone come up to me and say "Holy S--t you're still alive!!!"

15. .

I just thought I would post where we were staying and see if any one would like to join us. Kind of a show before the show.
    Hampton had the best ratings and reviews but it is expensive.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  16. Staub's Landing in Hanover, PA is a great local restaurant. The Pike in Gettysburg is a few miles farther but has an all you can eat seafood buffet on Friday nights, with an outdoor deck for hot rod viewing. Can't wait!

17. This could turn into a real party. I have to try not to break my car before this event. That is what took me out 2 years in a row, and bad weather a couple of times.:mad: This could be the year!:)

Ron Funkhouser and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  19. scarylarry

scarylarry

I finally updated my halfass website a few weeks back. The vendor registration page is still there. We do the most current info on the show Facebook page just because it is so easy and instant. I'd like to keep vendor spots at a max. of two per vendor, just to be sure everyone gets in. I've gotten some calls for some very specific info that I just cant tell you yet because everything is still new to all of us! We'll be guessing as we go this year. I'd really like to fill a class of 50's-60's cageless sprint cars, may have to include some early 70's stuff, we'll see. The motorcycle class has filled out & should be fun to watch. EJ is working on some new crazy tricks for the Lucky Devil Hell Drivers Thrill Show. It will be fun figuring it all out, enjoy the ride! IMG_7384.JPG IMG_7383.JPG IMG_7387.JPG
    The first photo is the race car pit area of the infield. Second photo will be the spectator area of the infield. We will have a 75' tent set up with tables, Kim will sell the show swag there and some food vendors will be on the infield and spread out on the rest of the grounds. If you look closely you can see where the tunnel enters to the front left of the grassy area. In the third photo all show cars will enter at the opening in the fence right center. Vendors will be set up the length of the fence so you will have to walk past all of them to get to the infield and grandstands. This is the only thing I dont care for, its a long walk from the show cars to the grandstands so we'll try to keep a bunch going on in between! Thanks for all the interest and support! More as we get closer.

20. This is going to be great!

21. scarylarry

scarylarry

BTW the pit area will be open to everyone until track time starts.
    IMG_0195.JPG IMG_0194.JPG 18739153_1357730944302931_7139110091631316193_o.jpeg
    Lucky Devil Hell Drivers Thrill Show from last year's Showdown
    Screenshot-2017-11-19 Eastern Museum of Motor Racing to Lincoln Speedway.jpg 18891438_1357718834304142_975687575376780514_o.jpeg sprint car.jpg bikes.jpg
    Map from Latimore to Lincoln, roadsters, confirmed sprinter & bikes for this year!!

krockstk, Marcia, oldsroller and 7 others like this.
  22. ...............Same here.:)

23. Three months and counting down. Getting antsy, drove past Lincoln Speedway recently just to catch the vibe.

24. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

25. I'm also counting down the days! I'm not on the FB . So if anyone has info on camping, fire wood for sell, or need to reserve etc. Please post.;) I want to THANK Larry and the crew, for always making a great and FUN weekend! :) Ron....

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  26. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am putting this on the bucket list. It won't be this year, but next year is a distinct possibility!