Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2018 GNRS Friday Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sancho, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @Sancho for your artistic views of the gleaming chrome and reflecting steel through the lens...sure is one of the premiere events to experience that's for sure.

Sancho and loudbang like this.
  2. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks for posting!! I don't know how much credit the HAMB can take for restoring good taste and tradition to hot rods and customs...but I think that all HAMB'ers can pat themselves on the back --- and take a little credit for what we see here.... real hot rods and real customs...

3. wicarnut

wicarnut

THANK YOU !

Sancho likes this.
  4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Thanks!

Sancho likes this.
  5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you for sharing your experience at the GNRS.

Sancho likes this.
  6. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Great stuff here, thanks for sharing.

Sancho likes this.
  7. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

Thanks so much for some great pictures of some beautiful cars.

Sancho likes this.
  8. RDR

RDR

Thanks for some GREAT pictures !!

Sancho likes this.
  9. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Thank you for posting these great pictures.

Sancho likes this.
  10. Great photos, I will have to make it to the show next year for sure!

Sancho likes this.
  11. Sweet & Low

Sweet & Low

Yes, thanks for the great photos Sanch. Even though I was there these will be appreciated as I left my phone in the car and wasn't going back to get it.
    Man!!! I'm still blown away at the quality of cars you see there each year and it seems the quality bar is raised higher each year. I mean the quality you see there is World Class and will rival anything you see at Pebble Beach. And yes I have been to Pebble Beach.
    For any of you guy's that have never been you need to put this show on your bucket list. But do yourself a favor and take a week to enjoy it. There is so much to see and do besides just the show. Some of the near by shop have an open house type things on Thursday to show off there stuff and talk hot rods and or kustom's. Friday is the best day for taking pic's. It's just not as crowded as Sat. And it will get crowded. Make sure you take in the out side car show on Sat, there no telling what you might see. Needless to say, there are party's all over town at night at most of the larger hotels. Another cool thing that happens that people don't talk much about is the end of the show on Sunday Night. After the awards are all handed out I like to watch people fire up those car's and drive out of the building. Lot's of noise, smoke and bright paint moving for a spot to get out into the night. Put it on you list for next year. But do it.

Sancho, loudbang and brad2v like this.
  12. I have to agree. Most of them are so formulaic as to appear to have come off an assembly line somewhere, with the owners merely checking different option boxes for color, wheels, and drivetrain.

The three that show some flashes in imagination are the '36 Caddy, the '36 Ford, and the R&C 'concept'. The caddy is beautiful, but looks as out of place as bringing the Queen of England to your mill company picnic. I picture this with Clark Gable stepping out of it at a movie premier. The '36 Ford I'll give credit for thinking 'outside the box' but proving yet again not everyone has an eye for restyling. The concept roadster... what could have been. This car is a slavish copy of a not-fully-realized drawing, and shares that vibe.

At least nobody painted their car baby-shit green....

Great pics by the way!

deucemac and Chaz like this.
  13. eddie1

eddie1

Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

Sancho likes this.