Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 2017 NSRA NATS Louisville, KY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gman0046, Jul 10, 2017.

1. There's a little report button if you think it too ot. You're more than welcome to click it. Won't hurt my feelings and that's why it's there. Im not trying to start anything either. I'm just talking. Find it strange wagon threads are kosher but the Avanti what doesn't fit. Ill take the pictures down. I don't go to Nsra nats to see street rods, I go for the few traditional rods and custom cars there. Same reason I go to Goodguys. Theyll let anything in, something I agree they should change. Just the last few years of my attendance it seems the "late model" '64 and ups have really taken hold. Most of which I couldn't care less about. I was there for 3 hours and those were the only pictures I bothered to take so that says something. I can't figure for the life of me why they would let in stuff like 70s-80s trucks or 70s Lincolns. Or why any show would for that matter. Hahaha.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  2. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

The horse is dead, we have beat it to death, let it rest.PLEASE. LOOK AT WHAT YOU WANT. walk past the rest. Not complicated.
    If i could spell good folks might listen.............

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    enloe, koolkemp, 65pacecar and 7 others like this.
  3. upspirate

upspirate

Shut up and look at the cars/pics you like!!:confused::rolleyes:

koolkemp, 65pacecar, 41 C28 and 5 others like this.
  4. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

5. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Exactly. Plus I look at it as a way to introduce future rodders to traditional, custom, Early Vettes, 40s, 50s and early 60s cars that they may never be exposed to. I was always a muscle car only guy until I met Larry Barnett who introduced me to traditional hot rods, even though he loved muscle cars too. He built some beautiful hot rods and introduced several others to the hobby. RIP Larry.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

AL, thanks very much for pics. for the first time in a long time i didn't go.won't let that happen again!!!

Al Consoli likes this.
  7. the-rodster

the-rodster

It wasn't the same without you, buddy.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I still drank a bunch of beer.

Rich

8. Degenerate

Degenerate
    from Indiana

Greetings HAMBers, I am local to the fairgrounds but was unable to attend the nats this year. While westbound on I64 on thursday I got to see many hot rods en route to the fairgrounds. One obvious observation I made was the majority of the 20's, 30's 40, and 50's era hot rods were being driven. Most of the muscle cars(chevelles, mustangs etc.) were on trailers. Good on ya' hot rod jockeys. Those muscle car guys need to get the clue.

Legends47, upspirate and MO_JUNK like this.
  9. My opinion is that Barrett Jackson has convinced the muscle car guys that their cars are worth more if they don't drive them.
    Since they are mostly the newbies to the old car hobby, they haven't experienced how great it is to drive an old car. Every gas stop is an adventure and a conversation.

Phil

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I figured you grieved that i wasn't there LOL. drank you sorrow's away.I wont let it happen again........

enloe likes this.
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

BA, missed you man. Great show without the usual blistering heat.

Gary

12. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

prior commitment .It won't happen again!!!

13. 2MNYTYS

2MNYTYS
    from MN

I have not seen anyone on here mention it yet, but did I hear correctly over the weekend. NSRA will be giving TWO cars away at the 50th in 2019?

14. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing how you can get a really nice ride and all things gel together. Then whammo LED hexagonal headlights that look totally out of place except in a house security system . I am sure these were never Essex lights .
    IMG_0064.JPG

15. tb33anda3rd likes this.
  16. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

tb33anda3rd likes this.